1. It is called Teen(التين) in Quran, Hadees & Arabic.
2. Fig in English.
3. In Latin it is called Ficus carica Linn.
4. In Persian,Urdu & Hindi it is called as Injeer.
In Sura Teen chapter no. 95. Verse no. 1, 2, 4. Allah Ta’lah took oath of Teen (التين) (Anjeer), olive and Mount Sinai, this is regarding that human has been created in the best form. (Allah Ta’lah says.)
1. Hazrat Abu Darda رضي الله عنه says that a dish full of Fig (التين) (Injeer) was presented to Nabi ﷺ once & Nabi ﷺ said us,
to eat it & further said if anyone asks me that any fruit has been sent from Paradise (الجنة) , so I will say this is the fruit
(fig) & yes it is from Paradise (الجنة) & is amongst the dry fruit of Paradise & also said, eat it, & it is a cure for
piles (البواسير) & arthritis (النقرس) .
[Ibn Abu Bakr Al Jauzi / At-tibb Al-Nabawi Harfutta]
2. Hazrat Abu Zar رضي الله عنه also narrates the same above, with difference in some words.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28280]
3. Hazrat Bar’a Bin Aazib رضي الله عنه say that Rasoolullahﷺ use to recite Chapter 95 (Sura) Teen (التين) during the
'Isha' prayer. I have never heard anyone reciting it in a more beautiful voice than Hisﷺ.
[Riyad as-Salihin: 1006; Book. 9; Eng Book. 9; Hadees no. 16]
4. Hazrat Bar’a رضي الله عنه say that Rasoolullah ﷺ was on a journey and recited in one of the first two rak`at of the `Isha' prayer "Wa t-teeni wa z-zaitun" (Teen).
[Bukhari: 767; Book. 10; English vol. 1; Book. 12; Hadees. 734]
Sugar, vitamin A, B1, B2, C, D,K, carotene, nitrogen, iron, calcium, copper, fibers, cellulose, malic acid, sodium, potassium & etc.
1. It is easy to digest.
2. Reliefs stomach pain.
3. Best for pregnancy.
4. Good for infants (new born) suffering from hydrocephalus (collection of fluid in the brain, and due to it the size of head becomes bigger).
5. Reduces acidity.
6. Ripen whitish colored is best.
7. Cleans liver, throat, spleen etc.
8. Good in prostrate problems.
9. Reduces cough and clears the lungs.
10. Should not be eaten excessively, it may cause lice problem.
11. Removes constipation.
12. Helps in Gums infection, tumors, cancers etc.
13. It increases urine output
14. Best if eaten on empty stomach (dry or wet anyone).
15. Removes kidney stones.
16. Protects from poisoning
17. Dried one is good for nerves.
18. Has vitamin B1, B2, vitamin C, carotene, vitamin A, iron, calcium,
19. Has copper, malic acid, sugar, nitrogen, vitamin k, fibers, cellulose etc.
20. It increases hemoglobin.
21. For throat infection, dip 1 Injeer in 40 ml water for some time and drink it before meal, three times a day, for 3 to 5 days.
22. Increases milk production.
23. Best in measles, dengue, lungs infection,
24. Can be use with other medicines.
25. Best for pregnant but only one fig a day.
26. Also can be used on skin ulcers and wounds (wet one) smash it and apply on the wound.
27. It is also helpful in menstrual irregularities.
28. Can be use all season.
Nabi ﷺ said regarding figs that, "If I had to mention a fruit that descended from paradise (Jannat) I would say this is it because
the paradisiacal fruits do not have pit, eat from these fruits for they prevent hemorrhoids piles and help gout" (Arthritis).
Figs are a top source of fiber, as well as potassium and vitamin B6. Fiber results in bulkier stools, which lessen the incidence of constipation, hemorrhoids and colon (large intestine) cancer. Fiber also lowers cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
Just one fig provides 20% of the (USRDA) fiber. A Harvard University study of 43,757 men 40 to 75 were found that those who got the most fiber had about half the risk of getting a heart attack as those who got the least. Furthermore, men who add just 10 grams of fiber a day to their diet (6 figs) lowered their incidence of heart disease by 30%.
1. Figs are from Jannah & are dry fruits of Jannah. Recite Chapter 95 (Sura) Teen In Isha Salah. It cures Piles & Arthritis.