Pain is a feeling triggered in the nervous system. Pain may be sharp or dull. It may come & go, or it may be constant. You may feel pain in one area of your body, such as your back, abdomen or chest or you may feel pain all over, such as when your muscles ache from the flu.
1. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that When Nabi ﷺ suffered from some pain, He ﷺ recited Mu’auwwadhat (Surah Falaq & Surah Naas) in His Heart & blew (them over Him). When the pain became severe, I recited (them) over Him & wiped Him with His Hand in the hope of its blessing.
[Abu Dawud: 3902; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3893]
2. A'isha رضي الله عنها reported that when Nabi ﷺ missed the night prayer due to pain or any other reason, He ﷺ (use to) observed twelve rak'ahs during the daytime.
[Muslim: 746 E; Book. 6; English Book. 4; Hadees. 1627]
3. Narrated by Anas Ibn Malik رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ had Himself wet cupped on the surface of His Foot because of a pain in it while He ﷺ was in the sacred state (wearing Ihram).
[Abu Dawud: 1837; Book. 11; English Book. 10; Hadees. 1833]
4. Narrated by Salma رضي الله عنها the maid-servant of Nabi ﷺ said: No one complained to Nabi ﷺ of a headache but He told him to get himself wet cupped (hijamah), or of a pain in his legs but He ﷺ told him to dye them with henna.
[Abu Dawud: 3858; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3849]
5. Narrated by Usman Ibn Abil رضي الله عنه that he complained to Nabi ﷺ about pain that he had felt in his body from the time he had become Muslim. Nabi ﷺ said to him, “Put your hand on the part of your body where you feel pain & say ‘Bismillah (in the name of Allah) three times, then say seven times,
Translation: (I seek refuge in the glory & power of Allah from the evil of what I feel & worry about).
[Muslim: 2202; Book. 39; English Book. 26; Hadees. 5462]
6. Narrated by Hazrat Usman Bin Abul Aa's رضي الله عنه that he complained to Nabi ﷺ about pain in his body that he suffered from ever since he became a Muslim. Nabi ﷺ replied: Place your hand on the painful area of your body & recite: Bismillah (In the Name of Allah), thrice, then say seven times:
Translation: I seek refuge with Allah’s Might & Power from the evil of what I am suffering from & because of which I have become worry). He said: So I did it & Allah removed what I had & I never ceased telling my family & others to do it.
[Tirmizi: 2224; Book. 28; English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2080]
7. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says: Nabi ﷺ used to seek refuge for Hasan & Husain & use to say: Your father (Ibrahim عليه السلام) used to seek refuge with Allah for Ismail عليه السلام & Ishaq عليه السلام with these words:
Translation: I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allah, from every devil & every poisonous reptile & from every evil eye.
[Bukhari: 3371; Book. 60; English vol. 4; Book. 55; Hadees. 590]
8. Narrated by Sa'ib Bin Yazid رضي الله عنه: My maternal aunt took me to Nabi ﷺ & said: O Rasoolullah ﷺ! Indeed my nephew is in pain. So He ﷺ wiped over my head & supplicated for blessings for me. & He ﷺ performed Wazoo & I drank from the water of His Wazoo. Then I stood behind His Back & I looked at the Seal between His Two Shoulder Blades & it resembled the egg of a partridge.
[Tirmizi: 4004; Book. 49; English vol. 1, Book. 46, Hadees. 3643]
9. Muhammad Bin Sulaim narrated that “Thabit Al-Bunani said to me: When you suffer from some ailment, then place your hand at the place of the ailment, then recite: -
Translation: In the Name of Allah, I seek refuge in Allah’s might & power from the evil of this pain I feel.
Then lift your hand & repeat for odd number of times. For indeed, Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه narrated to me, that the Nabi ﷺ narrated that to him.
[Tirmizi: 3588; Book. 48; English vol. 6, Book. 46, Hadees. 3588]
[Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)]
2. One can also recite Surah Falaq & Surah Naas & blow on himself.
[Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)]
Details given below are according to the Ulama & Islamic Scholars & not from Hadees.
Place our hand on the pain site & recite the above verse of Chapter 17 Surah Israa (Bani Israel) verse no. 105 for 3 times.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by idara page no 45]
Recite the above verse of Chapter 56 Surah Waqia verse no. 19 for 300 times on sesame oil & apply on affected finger.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page: 106]
Recite the above verse of Chapter 2 Surah Baqara verse no. 186 & blow on water & drink daily.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page. 107]
Recite the above verse of Chapter 31 Surah Luqmaan verse no. 7 for 7 times & blow on painful ear.
[Cure of our worries from Holy Quran, by Maulana Muhammad Shafique page. 75]
Recite the above verse of Chapter 76 (Sura) Mulk verse no. 23 for 7 times placing a finger on the painful tooth or grind & press the tooth little.
[Cure of our worries from Holy Quran, by Maulana Muhammad Shafique page. 74]
Recite full Chapter 1 Surah Faateha then recite the above verse of Chapter 6 (Sura) An’am verse no. 13 for 7 times & blow on the right hand & rub gently on the affected area.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page. 82]
Please read the following lessons of part-1 of this book so that you learn better about them, Lesson no. 44 Wet cupping (Hijamah), lesson no. 60 to 63 Ruqyah (a spiritual healing) & etc, lesson no. 76 Health benefits of Ablution (Wazoo) & Salah (Namaz) (Islamic Prayer).