Please understand properly that the diseases and the treatments are sent down by Allah alone. And the medicines acts by Allah's will only. We should do treatment with permissible medicines and method, we will get SAWAAB for treating ourselves and if we don't do so Allah can question for not seeking the treatment.
1. Ruqyah, Dua, (for black magic, evil eye (nazar), pain & etc).
2. Medicines (To put medicine in one side of mouth) (اللدود) (Ladaud)
3. Reciting names of Allah Ta'ala. (Asmaul Husnah).
4. Reciting Dua which Nabiصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم recited.
5. To put medicine in nose (السعوط) (Saut).
6. Walking. (Movement of intestines or walking)
7. Hijamah (Cupping).
9. Herbs (Like honey, vegetables, fruits, plants & etc).
10. Meal. (Dont full stomach or excessive) (Thanking Allah for each morsel).
13. Namaz (Salah) (like chasht Namaz (salah) for joints).
14. Quran (means reading, special aayats and chapters for diseases, as mentioned in Hadees).
15. Astaq'faar (Seeking forgiveness from Allah Ta’lah).
16. Avoid sins (leaving gunah).
17. Special Dua (mentioned in masnoon Dua book).
18. Seeking Allah Ta’lah’s shelter (panah).
19. Belief on Allah Ta’lah.
21. Sabar (to keep patients).
22. Paaki (cleanliness).
25. Food (special food substances, dishes, fruits etc).
26. Water (drinking water which is supplicated with Dua or Ruqyah, or washing hands or sprinkling the same water on body).
27. Parhez (precautions) (do’s & don’t).
28. Cauthery (Burning).
29. Performing Dua to Allah Ta’ala for cure & healing.
30. Avoid eating, wearing etc with haram earnings.
31. The doctor should have a proper knowledge of treatment, as the following Hadees says: -
Narrated by Hazrat Amr Bin Shuaib رضي الله عنه from his father & Grandfather that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم said, “Whoever gives medical treatment with no prior knowledge of medicine, will be responsible (for any harm done).
[Ibn Majah: 3595; Book. 31; Eng vol. 4; chapter. 31; Hadees. 3466]
32. Hazrat Abi Ramsha رضي الله عنه says that, “Your (doctors) duty is to relief the patient & Allah Himself is a Tabeeb (Healer).
[Musnad Ahmed page: 17037]
33. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that there is a remedy for every malady (disease) and when the remedy (treatment) is applied to the disease it is cured with the permission (order) of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious.
Muslim: 2204; Book. 39, Eng Book. 26; Hadees no. 5466]
34. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abi Auif رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said, “when you talk to a Majzum (Leprosy patient or a patient suffering from unpleasant disease) patient keep one or two arrow distance between you & him.
[Kanzul Ummal page. 28329. (For contagious diseases)
35. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said, that the abdomen is like a pond from which tributaries branch out in all
direction, if the abdomen is healthy the vessels take health within them & if abdomen is diseased then the vessel take disease
[Durre Mansoor, Daar katni page no. 1401]
(Tributaries here means portal veins which carry the digestive material to liver)
36. Many Sahabah narrated that Nabiﷺ said that, Cause for all diseases actually is coldness (Bard)(البرد) of the body.
[Kanzul Ummal page no. 28175]
(Bard in English can be cold-blooded, coldness, frigid, Insensate, Stale (spoiled), Cruelty).
37. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ prohibited unclean medicine.
[Abu Dawud: 3870; Book. 29; Eng Book. 28: Hadees. 3861]
38. Narrated by Anas رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ guided us not to press the inner part of the throat, during Azrah (a throat infection)
in children but use costus (Qust).
[Bukhari: 5696; Book: 76; English vol. 7; Book:. 17; Hadees: 599]
As people of those times used to do. Please refer:
1. Lesson no 24 Qust in Part-1 &
2. Lesson no 3 Azrah in Part-2
(Qust is an herb, Qust is an Arabic word, In English it is called as Costus)
39. Nabiصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم guided that all types of Khamr (intoxicants or alcohol) are disease, & there is no treatment (cure) in them.
[Tirmizi: 2182; Book. 28; Eng vol. 4; Book. 2; Hadees. 2046]
Means we should not use alcoholic or narcotic medicines or their products, please refer lesson no.57 Prohibited eatables & drinks in part-1.
40. Hazrat Raza Al-Ghanvi رضي الله عنه says that get Shifa from those, in which Allah’s praise are present like (Quranic verses)
Alhamdulillah (sura Faateha) or Kul ho wal-allah ho A-had (sura Ikhlaas) (or other) & those who does not get Shifa (cure) with Quran
then understand there is no Shifa in your destiny.
Jaa-me Sa-gheer: 977 & Fa-th Al-kabir 1740]
41. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ guided to get Shifa (cure) from Quran & if anyone does not get Shifa (cure) with Quran, then understand there is no Shifa in your destiny.
[Jaa-me Sagheer: 977]
In regards with above both Hadees we should understand that we are guided to get Shifa from Quran & Names of Allah, or Dua in which there are praise about Allah & also should follow all guidance by Nabiصلی اللہ علیہ وسلم , & if anyone did not got Shifa in spite of Quranic treatment than understand that cure is not in your destiny.
42. Qatadah narrated from Abu Abdullah that Zaid Bin Arqam رضي الله عنه said that Nabi ﷺ would acclaim (advised) olive oil (زيت) and Warss (ورس) for treatment of Pleurisy." Qatadah رضي الله عنه said: "And it is to be put in the mouth on the side which is suffering."
[Tirmizi: 2222; Book. 28, Eng. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2078]
1. Pleurisy is alung disease.
2. Warss is an herb. (Please refer lesson no 32. Warss)
This shows that taking medicine into the mouth should be in one side of the mouth means if we have a problem in the left side of the body than tak medicine in the left side of the mouth. Please read more Hadees on this topic so that you will come to know the concept properly.
43. Hazrat Zaid Bin Arqam رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ advised, as a treatment for Zaatul Janb (ذات الجنب) (pleurisy),Warss (ورس), Qust (قسط) & Zait (زيت) (olive oil) & (should be) taken at one side of the mouth.
[Ibn Majah: 3596; Book: 31; vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3467]
44. Hazrat Suhaib رضي الله عنه reports that his right eye was paining & he was eating Tamar (تمر) (dates), looking to this; Rasoolullah ﷺ said that , you are eating Tamar (تمر) (dates) in spite of eye pain? On this Hazrat Suhaib رضي الله عنه replied that I am eating from left side & my right eye is paining.
(According to Nabi ﷺ guidance one should not eat more dates during eye disease or during recovery time, please read the Hadees below).
45. Hazrat Umme Munzir رضي الله عنه says that, Rasoolullah ﷺ & Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه both came home, she had Dawaal (دوال) (bunches of dates), she served Dawaal (دوال) to both, both started to eat the dates, but when Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه had eaten 7 dates (approximately) he was stopped by Rasoolullah ﷺ from eating more, & said to Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه that you were ill last days & now you are weak, so do not eat more, Hearing to this Hazrat Umme Munzir رضي الله عنه prepared Sareed (ثريد)(thin gravy) of meat, beet root & chapatti (خبز) from Jaw (الشعير) (barely flour) & served to both, on this Rasool Allahﷺ said to Hazrat Ali رضي الله عنه eat this dish, this is beneficial for you.
[Tirmizi: 2170; Book. 28; Eng vol. 4; Book. 2; Hadees. 2036]
46. Narrated by Abdullah Bin Yazad Al-khatmi that Umar Bin Al-Khattab رضي الله عنه wrote to him (saying) cook (boil) your drinks until the share of shaitaan is gone, for he has two share and you have one (boil till 1/3 is left over and 2/3 is evaporated).
[Nasa’i: 5717; Book. 51; Eng vol. 6; Book. 51, Hadees. 5720]
(Please read the Hadees below to understand this Hadees properly)
47. Narrated by Saeed Bin Al-Musayyab that "When At-tila' (thickened grape juice) has been cooked and reduced to one-third (by boiling), then there is nothing wrong with it".
[Nasa’i: 5723; Book. 51; Eng vol. 6; Book. 51, Hadees. 5726]
48. Hazrat Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه reported that he was forbidden to prepare Nabiz by mixing unripe dates and fresh dates, and dates with grapes.
[Muslim: 1991A; Book. 36; Eng Book. 23, Hadees. 4911]
(Means that we should not soak two types of dates together or dates & raisins to prepare Nabiz) (Nabiz is a sharbat (syrup) prepared by soaking dates or raisins or any fruits in water & drinking teh syrup).
49. Narrated by Jabir رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: "Do not mix raisins and dried dates, nor Busr (fresh unripen dates) and Tamar (dried dates)".
[Nasa’i: 5555; Book. 51; Eng vol. 6; Book. 51, Hadees. 5557]
50. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه reported that Nabi ﷺ forbade the mixing of dates and grapes together, and mixing of unripe dates and ripe dates together (for preparing Nabiz), and he wrote to the people of Jurash (in Yemen) forbidding them to prepare the mixture of dates and grapes (raisins).
[Muslim: 1990A; Book: 36; Eng Book: 23, Hadees: 4910]
1. Chapter (Sura) 33 Al-Ahzab, verse (Ayah) no. 32:
Translation: O Wives of Nabi! You are not like the other women: if you fear Allah, then you should not be complaisant while talking to the men who are not closely related to you, lest the one in whose Qalb (heart) is a disease may thereby be encouraged (desire), and speak using suitable good words.
(Because they are having Qalb disease they may get desire provoked by very soft speech).
2. Chapter 24 (Sura) An-Noor, verse (Ayah) no. 61
Translation: There is no blame on the blind, nor there is blame on the lame, nor there is blame on the sick to eat at your table.
3. Chapter (Sura) 2 Al-Baqara, verse (Ayah) no.184
Transalation: Fast the prescribed number of days; except if any of you is ill or on a journey, let him fast a similar number of days later. For those who cannot endure it for medical reasons, there is a ransom: the feeding of one poor person for each missed day. But if he feeds more of his own free will, it is better for him. However, if you truly understand the rationale of fasting, it is better for you to fast.
4. Chapter (Sura) 2 Al-Baqara ,verse (Ayah) no 196
Translation: Complete the Hajj (obligatory pilgrimage in Makkah) and the Umrah (optional visit to Makkah) for the sake of Allah. If you are prevented from proceeding then send such offering for sacrifice as you can afford and do not shave your head until the offerings have reached their destiny. But if any of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp which necessitates shaving, he must pay ransom either by fasting or feeding the poor or offering a sacrifice. If in peacetime anyone wants to take the advantage of performing Umrah and Hajj together, he should make an offering which he can afford; but if he lacks the means, let him fast three days during the Hajj and seven days on his return making ten days in all. This order is for the one whose household is not in the percincts of the Sacred mosque (masjid). Fear Allah and know that Allah is strict in retribution.
5. Chapter (Surah) 4 An-Nisaa, verse (Ayah) 43:
Translation: O believers! Do not offer your Salah when you are drunk until you know what you are saying; nor after seminal emission, except when you are travelling, unless you wash your whole body, If you are sick, or on a journey, or one of you has used the toilet, or has had contact with women (sexual relation with wives) and can find no water, then make Tayammum: take some clean earth and rub on your faces and hands with it. Allah is lenient, Forgiving.
The scientist Masaru Emoto & his team of Japan found out that, the Muslim recites BISMILLAH before eating/drinking. He says that after saying (reciting) BISMILLAH on regular water, some positive changes occur in the quality of regular water. That makes it the best water.
Masaru Emoto said:"My Muslim colleague offered to recite Quranic verses over the water. He brought a tape-recorder and played some Quranic verses, and we got the most perfectly shaped chrystals. Then he played the 99 names of Allah Ta'ala. Each name produced a uniquely shaped chrystals.
He also found out that if someone recites the Quran on regular water, it gets the ability for the treatment of different diseases.
(Please refer lesson no 37 Zamzam for more details)
Dear members these above are the principles of treatment, we know how many principles we follow. Bring the above principles in your treatment plans during illness and Insha-Allah all diseases will be curable.
This lesson has 20 Hadees & 5 Quarnic references.