1. Quranic name is Talh(وطلح منضود) Reference according to Hazrat Ali & Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه
2. Arabic name is Mawz.
3. In Yemen it is called as Talh.
4. In Hindi & Urdu it is called as Kela.
5. In English it is called as Banana.
1. Chapter 56 Sura Waaqia verse no. 29 (27 to 34). Allah Ta'lah says in above verses, about the rewards, to those on the right & they
will be those on the right hand (they will be) among sidr (سدر ) throne-less (lote) tree & among (وطلح منضود) TALH trees with
fruits pilled one above another and in shades long extended.
(وَأَصْحَابُ الْيَمِينِ مَا أَصْحَابُ الْيَمِينِ ﴿٢٧﴾ فِي سِدْرٍ مَّخْضُودٍ ﴿٢٨﴾ وَطَلْحٍ مَّنضُودٍ ﴿٢٩﴾ وَظِلٍّ مَّمْدُودٍ ﴿٣٠
Means the right path people will get their account (Naama-e-Aamaal) on the day of Qayamah on their right hand & these people will be people of Paradise (Jannah). Those who will get their account (nam-e-aamaal) in left hand will be people of hell (Janhnum).
1. Al-Tabari says that the phrase in the verse no. 28 means tree loaded with fruits & no throne (on the tree).
2. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه narrates that verse no. 29 means loaded with fruits & Hazrat IKrimah رضي الله عنه said regarding verse no. 28, & 29 they means that they have no thrones & Talh are fruits piled one above another.
3. The respected companion of Prophet ﷺ & Tab'ieen (r) says that Talh is Banana & Hazrat Ali & Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Talh is Banana & Hazrat Abu Saeed Al-khudri رضي الله عنه says that Talh refers to banana & the people of Yemen call Banana as Talh.
1. The Talh tree mentioned in Chapter 56 (Sura) Waaqiah is tree of paradise (Jannat). It is reward from Allah
Ta’lah to the righteous people. The description given in Chaper 56 (Sura) Waaqiah verse no. 27 to 34 matches with 3 types of trees: -
1. Banana tree, 2. Acacia Seyal (babul), 3. Sidr (سدر) (lote tree) (Jujube)
2. I do not say that the Talh tree mentioned in Chapter 56 (Sura) Waaqiah are among above tree. But I only try to explain that the character matches with the above plants or trees. Please keep your mind broad.
3. It may be confusing to many people, but here are some possible reasons: - Allah’s verses are for whole world and all time. Allah Ta’lah wants us to research, learn, and gain knowledge.
1. It is known as Food of philosophers
2. A banana a day keeps ulcers away.
3. It is known as an Excellent Food & smart mineral Food.
4. It is known as Main sources of Nutrition.
5. It is food of Intelligent.
6. Each 100mg of banana is equivalent to 100mg of meat.
7. It is known as the best food for vegetarians
Rich in carbohydrate, sugar, water. It has starch, protein, vitamin C, B1, B2, B6, and B12. Rich in minerals like potassium, iron, copper, phosphate, fluoride, calcium, cellulose, fibers, melatonin, other hormones and little sodium
1. It is easy to digest, it increases digestion
2. It helps in scurvy diseases, flu, bronchitis, exhaustion, weakness & increases weight.
3. Reduces Blood pressure
4. Helps kidney function and protects atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries), teeth problems & etc.
5. Good in diarrhea, liver diseases, gastric ulcers, celiac diseases.
6. It is helpful in Sprue diseases.
7. Prevents acidity, acidosis, and fermentation in stomach.
8. Maintain pH of stomach, blood and body.
9. Increases urine out-put.
10. Protects stomach linings and layer.
11. Good for pregnancy and all stomach diseases.
12. Increases sperm counts, libido, youthfulness.
13. It is anti-ageing because it has melatonin.
14. Gives energy, helps brain growth, protects from all types of ulcers.
15. Good for athletes, exercising people, sports persons.
16. Good for children, old and young age people.
17. A good source of pre & post workout (exercise) food.
18. Good in taste.
19. Can be eaten raw or cooked in food.
20. Can be eaten all season.
One or two banana is enough a day for adults and for children upto 6 yrs half banana. Eat early morning, empty stomach or with
breakfast. Those who do exercise can have more, 2 banana pre & 2 banana post workout. It can be taken with milk. Those who
have cough & cold can take it with black pepper, turmeric or honey. Do not eat unripe banana because it has lot of starch.
Eat the ripe banana because it is rich in protein, vitamin, calcium etc. Do not eat at night. Do not eat with cold stuff.
Do not drink water after eating banana. Do not eat in diabetes & obesity. Raw is used in cooking purpose; making chips etc. Chew it properly. It is used in making jellies, Slices of raw banana are dried & flour is made out of it & used. Breads can be made with its flour. Banana is best while travelling and journeys.
This lesson has 1 Quranic reference.
No specific Hadees reference found.