1) Magic is a knot or spell (words) that affects the heart and body; it causes the heart or body to become sick, it can kill a person; it separates a man and his wife and destroys family ties.
2) It is an incantation, knot, spell and statement that are used in speeches, written or in actions that have can affect the body, heart or intellect of a person without having direct contact with that person. It is a reality that kills, causes sickness, or prevents relationships (sexual) between a man and his wife, causes separation between them, or between families, places anger between families or friends and causes a person to love those whom he hates in order to have a relationship and to be a source of spreading destruction.
Magic and its existence are confirmed by the Qur'an and Sunnah and are accepted by the scholars. It is a reality and a truth and it affects a person only by Allah's will. There is a consensus among the scholars of Tafseer that Surah Al-Falaq was revealed because of Habeeb Bin Asum who did magic on Nabi ﷺ.
Magic is an art that requires skill and proficiency from the one who performs it. It is a type of knowledge that has a foundation, methodology and principles. However, learning it is not permissible and it is kufr (disbelief) because it cannot be learned or practiced without requesting the help of shaitaan, worshipping him and using forbidden and unlawful things. So it is kufr to learn or practice it.
1. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: 'Whoever ties a knot and blows on it, he has practiced magic; and whoever practices magic, he has committed Shirk; and whoever hangs up something (as an amulet) will be entrusted to it."
[An-Nasa’i: 4079; Book. 37; English vol. 5; Book. 37, Hadees. 4084]
2. Narrated by Abdullah Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ said: If anyone acquires any knowledge of astrology, he acquires a branch of magic of which he gets more as long as he continues to do so.
[Abu Dawud: 3905; Book. 30; English Book. 29; Hadees. 3896]
3. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ said: "Whoever learns about the stars, he learns a branch of magic; the more he learns (of the former) the more he learns (of the latter)."
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3726; Book. 33; English vol. 5; Book. 33, Hadees. 3726] 4. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: Refrain from seven (characteristics) which cause destruction. He was asked: What are they, Rasoolullah ﷺ? He replied:
(الشِّرْكُ بِاللّه) To assign partner to Allah,
(قَتْلُ النَّفْسِ) to kill a soul (man) which is prohibited by Allah except for which is due,
(وَأَكْلُ الرِّبَا) to take usury,
(وَأَكْلُ مَالِ الْيَتِيمِ) to consume the property of an orphan,
(وَالتَّوَلِّي يَوْمَ الزَّحْفِ)to retreat on the day of the battle,
(وَقَذْفُ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْغَافِلاَتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ) and to slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing.
[Abu Dawud: 2874; Book. 18; English Book. 17; Hadees. 2868]
5. Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما narrated that, two men arrived during the time Nabi ﷺ & delivering an address. The people were amazed by their speech, so Nabi ﷺ turned to us and said: "Indeed there is magic in eloquence'-or- 'Indeed some eloquence is magic."
[Tirmizi: 2028; Book. 27, In English vol. 4; Book. 1, Hadees. 2028]
Imam Ibn Hajar رضي الله عنه said: “Magic is disbelief and learning it is kufr”.
[Fath ul Bari 10/195]
Imam An-Nawawi u said: “The knowledge of magic is forbidden and it is among the major sins”.
[Fatawa Ibn Baz 2/384]
Nabi ﷺ included it among the major sins that destroy mankind and needs to be away from it. Ibn Qudaamah said: “Teaching and learning magic is forbidden and there is no difference on the issue by the scholars”.
The punishment for magicians is beheading. Nabi ﷺ said that" The punishment for a magician is beheading”.
[Healing with Medicine of Prophet ﷺ by: Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jauziyah]
6. Umar Ibn Khattab رضي الله عنه in his letter ordered all magicians to be killed.
[Abu Dawud: 3043; Book. 20; English Book. 19; Hadees. 3037]
This proves the severity of magic. So it is compulsory on us to keep away from magic and anything that is connected to it.
Please recite lesson no. 64 Quranic verses Ruqyah (Quranic Text) morning & evening daily for black magic, evil eye, mischief of jinn, psychological problems, cancers & other diseases or else.
First division: -
1. For prevention from magic before it occurs (Means to prevent ourselves from Black Magic & etc).
Second division: -
2. Treatment of Magic after it has occurred (Means affected with black magic).
Measures to take for first division (means for precaution & prevention): -
a) Be mindful (Imaan) and perform all compulsory acts (Farz) and leave off all that is unlawful (gunah) and seek repentance form all evil deeds.
b) Constantly recite the preventive Dua taught by Nabi ﷺ and act & recite glorious Qur'an in the way it becomes a daily routine.
c) Seek protection with supplications (Dua), seeking refuge and remembrances that are legislated by Allah and Rasoolullah ﷺ.
7. Narrated by Usman Ibn Affan رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said, If anyone recites this 3 times Morning & evening, sudden Afflictions will not occur:-
Translation: “In the name of Allah, with whose name nothing is harmed on the Earth, nor in the Heavens and He is the All-hearing, All-Knowing”.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3869; Book. 34; English vol. 5; Book. 34, Hadees. 3869]
8. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: "Whoever recites Ha Mim Al-Mu'min - up to - To Him is the return (40:1-3) and Ayat Al-Kursi when he reaches (gets up in) the morning, he will be protected by them until the evening. And whoever recites them when he reaches the evening, he will be protected by them until the morning."
[Tirmizi: 3120; Book. 45, English vol. 5; Book. 42, Hadees. 2879]
9. Kharijah Bin Al-Salt quoted his parental uncle as saying that he passed (some person), He recited Surah Al-Faateha over him for three days morning and evening. Whenever he finished it, he collected some of his saliva and spat it out and he seemed as if he were set free from a bond. They gave him something as payment. He then came to Nabi ﷺ & said about it, & Nabi ﷺ said accept it, for by my life, some accept it, for a worthless charm, but you have done so far a genuine one.
[Abu Dawud: 3420; Book. 24; English Book. 23; Hadees. 3413]
10. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that whenever Nabi ﷺ went to bed would recite Al-Mu'awwadhatain (Surah Falaq & Naas) than would blow into his hands, then wipe his hands over his body.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3875; Book. 34; English vol. 5; Book. 34, Hadees. 3875]
11. Abdullah Bin Khubaib رضي الله عنه reported that Nabi ﷺ said to me, "Recite Surah Al-Ikhlaas and Al- Mu'awwidhatain (Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Naas) three times at dawn and dusk. It will suffice you in all respects."
[Riyad As-Salihin: 1456; Book. 16, English Book 16, Hadees. 49]
12. Narrated by Saad رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: "Whoever takes seven Ajwah dates in the morning will not be effected by magic or poison on that day."
[Bukhari: 5779; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 671]
One must be mindful and recite the remembrances and supplications of the mornings and evenings, as well as the remembrances and supplications after every prayer, before sleep, upon waking, before traveling etc.
Treatment of Magic after it has occurred (Means black magic is done on anyone).
There are 2 types of treatment of it: -
A) (First Type) Extract and destroy the magic-
If the Magic is known, extracting and destroying it with permissible methods from the Qur'an and Sunnah, is the best and most suitable way of curing it.
B) (Second type) Ruqyah Ash-Shar'eeyah- it is of following: -
1) Grind seven green Lote (sidr) leaves, then pour water over it (enough to take a shower) and recite the following over it.
Lote leaves are sidr leaves, in Urdu & Hindi they are called as Ber. Refer Lesson no. 12 Sidr. I seek refuge in Allah from Satan the accursed (اعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم)
1. Surah Al-Faateha Full Surah.
2. Surah AL-Baqara Ayah 1-5.
3. Surah Al-Baqarah Ayah 102.
4. Surah Al- Baqarah Ayah 137.
5. Surah Al-Baqarah Ayah 255 (Ayat-tul-Kursy).
6. Surah Al-Baqarah Ayah 284-286.
7. Surah Aal-Imraan, Ayah 1-5.
8. Surah Aal-Imran, Ayah 85.
9. Surah Al-An'aam, Ayah 17
10. Surah Al-A'raaf, Ayah 54-56.
11. Surah Al-A'raaf, Ayah 117-122.
12. Surah Yunus, Ayah 79-82.
13. Surah Al-Israa Ayah 82.
14. Surah Al-Kahf, Ayah 39.
15. Surah At-Taha, Ayah 65-69.
16. Surah Al-Mu'minoon Ayah 115 118.
17. Surah Yaaseen, Ayah 1-9.
18. Surah As-Saafaat, Ayah 1-10.