It is to put a date or something sweet in our mouth & chew it a little, than put the date or the sweet thing into new born's mouth & rub the date at upper palate of new born's mouth for a while.
1. A’isha رضي الله عنها reported that the new-born infants were brought to Rasoolullah ﷺ & He ﷺ blessed them & rubbed their palates with dates.
[Muslim: 2147; Book. 38; English Book. 25; Hadees. 5347]
2. Hazrat Asma Bint Abu Bakr رضي الله عنها gave birth to a son (in Quba), this birth was the first birth in Muslim society, Means, that time the Yahudis of Madinah had challenged the Muslims, that due to their Black magic none Muslim lady will give birth to any child, on the birth of her son (Abdullah Bin Zubair رضي الله عنه) all Muslims gathered & sang slogans of Takbir loudly. Hazrat Asma Bint Abu Bakr رضي الله عنها took the infant to Rasoolullah ﷺ, Rasoolullah ﷺ took the infant in His respected Laps & called for Tamar (تمر) (dates) & chewed the dates & put His respected saliva in the mouth of the child so that the first thing entered the child stomach was saliva of Nabi ﷺ. He ﷺ than pat the chewed date into the infant’s mouth & rubbed it on the upper palate of the infant & prayed for Barkat.
[Bukhari: 5469; Book. 71; English vol. 7, Book. 66; Hadees. 378]
Some things are taken from other Hadees, from the same narration. The above act of dates to be spatted & rubbed on infant’s upper palate is called as TAHNEEK
3. Hazrat Abu Moosa Ashari رضي الله عنه says that Tahneek was done by Nabi ﷺ to his infant, & also Rasoolullah ﷺ named his infant as Ibrahim (ابراهيم).
[Bukhari: 5467; Book. 71; English vol. 7, Book. 66; Hadees. 376]
4. Narrated by Abdullah Bin Abi Qatadah رضي الله عنه that my father says that Nabi ﷺ said: When I stand for prayer, I intend to prolong it but on hearing the cries of a child, I cut it short, as I dislike troubling the child's mother.
[Bukhari: 707; Book. 10; English vol. 1; Book. 11; Hadees no. 675]
(This is regarding offering Salah by Jamaat).
5. Anas Ibn Malik رضي الله عنه said that Nabi ﷺ came to some children who were playing: He ﷺ offered Salam to them.
[Abu Dawud: 5202; Book. 43; English Book. 42; Hadees. 5183]
6. Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi ﷺ said: Be kind to your children & perfect their manners.
[Ibn Majah: 3671; Book. 33; English vol. 5; Book. 33, Hadees. 3671]
7. Narrated by Tariq Al-Muharibi رضي الله عنه that he saw Nabi ﷺ raising His Hands until I saw the whiteness of His Armpits, saying: 'No child should be punished because of his mother's crime, no child should be punished because of his mother's crime.”
[Ibn Majah: 2772; Book. 21; English vol. 3; Book. 21, Hadees. 2670]
8. Narrated by Anas رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: A Muslim whose three children die before the age of puberty will be granted Paradise by Allah due to his mercy for them.
[Bukhari: 1248; Book. 23; English vol. 2; Book. 23; Hadees. 340]
9. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that "A woman lifted a child up to Nabi ﷺ & asked: Is there Hajj for this one?' He ﷺ said: 'Yes & you will be rewarded.
[Nasa’i: 2647; Book. 24; English vol. 3; Book. 24, Hadees. 2648]
10. Narrated by An-Nu'man Ibn Bashir رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: Act equally between your children; Act equally between your sons.
[Abu Dawud: 3544; Book. 24; English Book. 23; Hadees. 3537]
11. Anas Ibn Malik رضي الله عنه said: A woman came to A’isha رضي الله عنها & she gave her three dates. The woman gave each of her two children a date & kept one date for herself. The children ate the two dates & then looked at their mother. She took her date & split it into two & gave each child a half of it. Nabi ﷺ came & A’isha رضي الله عنها told Him ﷺ about it. He ﷺ said: Are you surprised at that? Allah will show her mercy because of her mercy towards her child.
[Al-Adab Al-Mufrad: 89; Book. 5, English Book. 5, Hadees. 89]
12. Narrated by Amr Bin Shu'aib رضي الله عنه from his father, from his grandfather that Nabi ﷺ ordered naming the child on the seventh day, removing the harm from him & Al-'Aqq (removing the hair & slaughtering the animal for 'Aqiqah).
[Tirmizi: 3066; Book. 43, English vol. 5; Book. 41, Hadees. 2832]
Please refer lesson no. 10 Dates in part -1.
Nabi ﷺ use to do Tahneek, this is a Sunnah, which we should do it. Now days, new born suffer from juvilian diabetes & lack of glucose, which causes brain damage of new born, by this Sunnah we can solve many problems of new born.
The Weaning means to start with feeding habit to an infant, who was on breast feeding only, means it is advised that at 6th month of age we should start with liquid, semi solid than soft diet followed by normal diet.
We can start our infant weanling with Sunnah items like: (Weanling is not mentioned is Tibb-e-Nabawi ﷺ, the below are all time Sunnah for all ages so this is advised by the author that we can try weanling with below).
Barley Sattu water
Goats milk with water
Giving the infant to chew dates
Lentils (Masoor Dal) water
Fruits or fruit juices or dip fruit in water & make them to drink this water
Beet root water
The details given below are according to Ulama & Islamic Scholars & not from Hadees.
Write down the above Chapter 85 (Surah) Buruj verse no. 1 & prepare a Tahveez & make the child to wear it.
[Cure of our worries from Holy Quran, by Maulana Muhammad Shafique page. 85]
According to many references & scholars, Nabi ﷺ liked Nabiz very much. Nabiz is syrup prepared by dates or raisins soaked overnight in water & this syrup (sharbat) should be drunk & this is called as Nabiz. But do not soak two types of dates together nor dates with raisins.
Please refer lesson no. 7 Grapes & dried grapes & lesson no. 10 Dates in part -1 to know more about Nabiz.
If a child is weak or having prominence of bones or weak recite the above Chapter 12 (Surah) Yusuf verse no. 56 for 41 times for 21 days with Durood Shareef in beginning & end.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page. 115]
For science & Hadees regarding grapes & dates refer their lesson no. 7 & 10.
Nazar (evil eye) in pediatrics are very common. Please refer lesson no. 66 Nazar (evil eye) & lesson no. 67 Treatment of Nazar (evil eye) in part-1.
The reason for the evil eye is mostly because of envy. The reality of envy is the result of hatred & malice, which is the result of anger.
[Fath Al-Haq Al-Mubeen: 219]
The evil eye is like an arrow or spear that leaves the soul of the envier & goes to the person that is envied. It afflicts the person envied & sometimes it doesn't.
When it doesn't afflict the person, it is because of the protective methods used (whether supplications, seeking refuge, etc). Also, when it doesn't afflict the person, evil eye can return to the envier.
What is an important fact to know is that the evil eye has no effect except by Allah's will. A man can give himself the evil eye (Nazar) & he can also give it to others. It can afflict someone without even being seen by the envier. For example, a blind man cannot see a person, but he can still cast the evil eye, or perhaps if the person is not around & they are described to the envier without being seen by him, it can afflict that person. It can also be afflicted by one being amazed without being envious to himself or others. The evil eye (Nazar) can be infected by anyone, even a loved one or a righteous person. So, it is incumbent on each & every one of us to take the necessary precautions & try to prevent being affected by the evil eye & to say the supplications & remembrance upon seeing something amazing & good.
[Fath Al-Haq Al-Mubeen: 198]
The evil eye is a terrible affliction that afflicts mankind; it is the most widespread affliction in the world. Most people of this nation (Muslims) will die due to it, after, what Allah has decreed.
And if we praise about Allah Ta’ala while seeing anything that makes us to amaze that thing than Inshaallah evil eye (nazar) do not afflicted. Praise Allah Ta’ala means to say: ماشائ الله, تبارك الله or الحمد لله or etc with the intending that everything are created by Allah Ta’ala & it is Allah Ta’ala who has created beautiful things. By praising Allah Ta’ala devil (shaitaan) does not gets the chance to afflict the evil eye (nazar).
Translation: & verily, those who disbelieve would almost make you slip with their eyes (through hatred) when they bear the Reminder (Quran).
[Surah 69: 51]
Translation: I seek refuge with (Allah); The Lord of the daybreak, from the evil of what He Has Created & from the evil of the darkening (night) as it comes with its darkness; (or the moon as it sets or goes away) & from the evil of those who practice witchcraft when they blow in the knots & from the evil of the envier when he envies.
The evil eye is from two sources: -
1) The evil eye from mankind (human).
2) The evil eye from Jinn.
Please refer lesson no. 66 & 67 in part-1.
1. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said that the evil eye is real & Aisha رضي الله عنها narrates that Nabi ﷺ said: Seek refuge with Allah, for the evil eye is real.
[Ibn Majah: 3636 & 3637; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3507 & 3508]
2. Nabi ﷺ said: “Most of those who will die from My Nation (ummat) after what Allah has decreed will be from the evil eye (Nazar)”.
[Fath al-haqq al Mubeen, As-Sahih 747]
3. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Nabi ﷺ said: “The evil eye is true & if there is anything that would precedes pre-destiny, it would be the evil eye & when you are asked to take bath (as a cure) from the influence of an evil eye, you should take bath”.
[Muslim: 2188; Book. 39; English Book. 26; Hadees. 5427]
4. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها said: "The person who touches others with the evil eye was commanded to perform ablution (Wazoo) & the person whom he touched by the evil eye would wash himself with that water.
[Abu Dawud: 3880; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3871]
5. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها say that Nabi ﷺ commanded me, or commanded somebody else to Ruqyah (Islamic prayer formulas) for the evil eye (Nazar).
[Bukhari: 5738; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 634]
6. Hazrat Asma Bint Umays رضي الله عنها said: O Nabi ﷺ the children of Jafar are usually touched by the evil eye, should I perform Ruqyah (Islamic prayer formula) for them? He ﷺ said: Yes. If there is anything that precedes pre-destiny, it would be the evil eye.
[Tirmizi: 2199; Book. 28; English vol.4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2059]
7. Abu Umamah Bin Sahl Bin Hunaif narrated that Amir Bin Rabee'ah رضي الله عنه once saw Sahl Bin Hunaif رضي الله عنه taking a bath & said: By Allah! I have never observed the skin of a person that is softer than what I have just seen. Sahl رضي الله عنه fell to the ground. Nabi then came to Amir رضي الله عنه in anger & said to him: Why would one of you kill his own brother? Why have you not said Tabarakallah, (may Allah bless it)? Take a bath for it. Amir رضي الله عنه then washed his face, hands, elbows, knees, feet & a part of his garment in a pot for what he had done & then poured the used water on Sahl رضي الله عنه.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3638; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3509]
8. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ said: If there is anything that precedes pre-destiny, it would be the evil eye. When one is touched by the evil eye, he should take a bath (or a wash) for it.
[Tirmizi: 2203; Book. 28; English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2062]
9. Narrated by Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه that The Evil Eye can take a person into grave (can cause death), & takes the camel into the cooking pot (meaning death).
[Healing with Medicine of Prophet ﷺ by: Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jauziyah]
10. Umme Salma رضي الله عنها said that Nabi ﷺ once saw a young girl, who had a certain expression (black spot) on her face & said: Seek Ruqyah (Islamic prayer formula) for her, because she is touched by evil eye.
[Bukhari: 5739; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 635]
11. Hazrat Abu Saeed رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi ﷺ used to seek refuge from the Jinn & the evil eye of mankind; when mu’awidhatain (Surah Falaq & Surah Naas) were revealed, Nabi ﷺ recited them & stopped recited anything else.
[Ibn Majah: 3640; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3511]
12. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi ﷺ said: Made it easy to do Ruqyah for fever, evil eye (Nazar) & Sores (Namlah).
[Tirmizi: 2195; Book. 28; English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2056]
Many scholars mentioned scorpion bite in place of fever.
13. Hazrat Umme Salma رضي الله عنها says that Nabi ﷺ saw in our house a slave girl & on her face (sign of Nazar) was As-sa-faa'ah (black spots). Upon which the Nabi ﷺ said: Seek Ruqyah for her, for verily she is afflicted with a look (evil eye).
[Bukhari: 5739; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 635] The scholars have said "As-sa-faa'ah" is the evil eye of jinn's.
14. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that, Nabi ﷺ used to seek refuge for Hasan & Husain رضي الله عنه & use to say: Your father (means Ibrahim عليه السلام) used to seek refuge with Allah for Ismail & Ishaq رضي الله عنه with these words:
Translation: (I seek refuge for the two of you in the Perfect Words of Allah, from every devil & every poisonous pest & from every harmful eye).
[Tirmizi: 2201; Book. 28; English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2060]
15. Hazrat Raza Al-Ghanvi رضي الله عنه says that get Shifa from those, in which Allah’s praise are present like (Quranic verses) Alhamdulillah (Surah Faateha) or Kul ho wal-allah ho A-had (Surah Ikhlaas) (or other) & those who does not get Shifa (cure) with Quran then understand there is no Shifa in your destiny.
[Jaa-me Al-Sagheer: 977 & Fa-te Al-kabir 1740]
16. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ guided to get Shifa (cure) from Quran & if anyone does not get Shifa (cure) with Quran, then understand there is no Shifa in your destiny.
[Jaa-me Al-Sagheer: 977]
17. Nabi ﷺ said: Why would anyone of you kill his brother? If he sees something that he likes, then let him pray for blessing for him.
[Ibn Majah: 3638; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3509]
(This Hadees is regarding evil eye of Sahl Bin Huniaf) (Means whenever we see a good thing we should praise Allah & give Dua of Barkat by this evil eye will not afflict).
Please refer my lesson no. 66 Nazar (evil eye) &lesson no. 67 Treatment of Nazar (evil eye) in part-1.
Translation: In the name of Allah, oh! Allah remove it’s (the Nazar) heat, its cold & its pain.
Than after recite: -
[Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)]
The afflicted person should be made to sit down & the following verses of the Quran should be recited in front of him & blown on him: -
|Surah Al-Faateha: 1 to 7||سورة الفاتحة: ١ إلى ٧|
|Surah Al-Baqarah: 1 to 5||سورة البقرة: ١ إلى ٥|
|Surah Al-Baqarah: 163||سورة البقرة: ١٦٣|
|Surah Al-Baqarah: 255||سورة البقرة: ٢٥٥|
|Surah Al-Baqarah: 284-286||سورة البقرة: ٢٨٤إلى٢٨٦|
|Surah Aal-Imran: 18||سورة آل عمران: ١٨|
|Surah Al-Aaraf: 54||سورة الأعراف: ٥٤|
|Surah Al Muminoon: 116-118||سورة المؤمنون: ١١٦إلى١١٨|
|Surah Al Saffaat: 1-11||سورة الصّٰفّت: ١إلى١١|
|Surah Al Hashr: 22-24||سورة الحشر: ٢٢إلى٢٤|
|Surah Al Jinn: 3-4||سورة الجن: ٣إلى٤|
|Surah Al Ikhlas: 1-4||سورة الاخلاص: ١إلى٤|
|Surah Al Falaq: 1-5||سورة الفلق: ١إلى٥|
|Surah An Naas: 1-6||سورة الناس: ١إلى٦|
[Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)]
1. In Quran it is mentioned that time period for breastfeeding is up to 2 years. In Chapter 2 (Surah) Baqarah verse no 233.
|Surah Al-Baqarah: 233||سورة البقرة: ٢٣٣|
Translation: Mothers shall suckle their children for two whole years; (that is) for those who wish to complete the suckling. The duty of feeding & clothing nursing mothers in a seemly manner is upon the father of the child. No one should be charged beyond his capacity. A mother should not be made to suffer because of her child, nor should he to whom the child is born (be made to suffer) because of his child. & on the (father's) heir is incumbent the like of that (which was incumbent on the father). If they desire to wean the child by mutual consent & (after) consultation, it is no sin for them; & if ye wish to give your children out to nurse, it is no sin for you, provided that ye pay what is due from you in kindness. Observe your duty to Allah & know that Allah is Seer of what ye do. Refer lesson no. 40 milk in part-1.