A natural disaster is a major adverse event resulting from natural processes of the Earth; examples include floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis & other geologic processes. A natural disaster can cause loss of life or property damages & typically leaves some economic damages in its wake, the severity of which depends on the affected population's resilience, or ability to recover. An adverse event will not rise to the level of a disaster if it occurs in an area without vulnerable population.
Translation: But give glad tidings to Sabireen (the patient). Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: Truly, to Allah we belong & truly, to Him we shall return. They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed & will be forgiven) from their Lord & (they are those who) receive His Mercy & it is they who are the guided ones.
[Surah Baqarh: 155-157]
1. Narrated by Anas رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: The real patience is at the first stroke of a calamity.
[Bukhari: 1302; Book. 23; English vol. 2; Book. 23; Hadees. 389]
2. Umme Salma رضي الله عنها, (wife of Nabi ﷺ) reported that Nabi ﷺ said: If any servant (of Allah) who suffers a calamity says:
Translation: We belong to Allah & to Him shall we return; O Allah, reward me for my affliction & give me something better than it in exchange for it.
Allah will give him reward for affliction & would give him something better than it in exchange. She said: When Abu Salma died. I uttered (these very words) as I was commanded (to do) by Nabi ﷺ; So Allah gave me better in exchange than him. i. e. (I was taken as the wife of) Nabi ﷺ.
[Muslim: 918 B; Book. 11; English Book. 4; Hadees. 2000]
3. Narrated by Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allah loves people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.
[Ibn Majah: 4031; Book. 36; English vol. 5; Book. 36, Hadees. 4031]
4. Narrated by Jabir رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: On the Day of (Qiyamah), some people will wish that their skins would have sliced with scissors in the life of this world because of the reward that they (will see) witness the people who endured disasters would receive for being patience.
[Tirmizi: 2402; Book. 36, English vol. 4; Book. 10, Hadees 2402]
5. Ash'as Bin Qays said: Observe patience with Faith & await the reward from Allah Alone. Otherwise, you will he bowed to forget just as the animals do.
[Al Tibb Al Nabawi رضي الله عنه by Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jauziyah 4/173]