There are many eye diseases from minor to major mostly caused by bacteria or viral infection, causing pain, inflammation of eyes, watering of eyes (ehiphora), increase in eye pressure, visual impairment & etc.
1. Hazrat Saeed Bin Zaid رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said Kamaat (الكماة) is among Mann (a blessing thing) (المن), water of it, is cure for eyes (العين).
[Bukhari: 4478; Book. 65; English vol. 6; Book. 60; Hadees. 5]
2. Hazrat Abu Saeed & Jabir رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said that Kamaat (الكماة) are a type of Mann & its water is a healing for eyes (diseases). & the `Ajwah (dates) are from Paradise (Jannah) & they are healing for poisoning (السُّمّ)”.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3579; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book 31, Hadees. 3453]
3. Amr Bin Huraith heard from Saeed Bin Zaid ‘Amr Bin Nufail رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said Kamaat (الكماة) is among Mann (المن), which Allah Ta’ala sent for Bani Israel, its water is cure for eyes (العين).
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3581; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3454]
4. Hazrat Suaheeb رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: "For your beneficial, Kamaat (الكماة) is present, that are among Mann (المن) & its water is cure (شفاء) for eyes (العين).
[Abu Nu-aim: 258]
5. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that some people use to say that Kamaat (الكماة) are small pox (جدرى) of earth, on this Rasoolullah ﷺ said Kamaat (الكماة) is among Mann (المن) & its water is cure for eyes & Ajwah (dates) are from Jannah (الجنة) it saves from poisoning.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3582; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3455]
6. Qatadah says that Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه said that, he took 3 or 5 or 7 Kamaat (الكماة) & drew out water from them & collected the water in a bottle & used the water for a slave eye disease & her eyes got cured.
[Tirmizi: 2211; Book. 28, English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2069]
7. Hazrat Buraidah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said that 3 things increase the vision (البصر) Ismid (surma) (اثمد), to see greenery (الخصرة) (plant & etc) & to see a beautiful face (وجه حسن).
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28314]
8. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: The best surma you have is Ismid (اثمد) (Antimony) it makes the vision (البصر) clear & makes the hair (eye lashes) grow.
[Ibn Majah: 3626; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3497]
9. Hazrat Nubayh Ibn Wahb رضي الله عنه says that Hazrat Umer Ibn Udaidullah Ibn Ma’mar رضي الله عنه had an eye infection & he wanted to apply collyrium (Surma) (kohl) in his eye, but Hazrat Abaan Ibn Usman رضي الله عنه told him not to do so, & asked to apply Sabir (صبر)
(Aloe Vera) in his eye, & said that he heard from Hazrat Usman Ibn Affan رضي الله عنه that, Nabi ﷺ did the same.
[Abu Dawud: 1838; Book. 11; English Book. 10; Hadees. 1834]
10. Hazrat Abaan Bin Usman narrated that his father رضي الله عنه says that one man had an infection in his eyes, while he was in Ihram & Nabi ﷺ advised him to apply Sabir (صبر) (Aloe Vera).
[Nasa’i: 2711; Book. 24; English vol. 3; Book 24, Hadees. 2712]
11. Abbad Bin Mansur narrated from Hazrat Ikramah رضي الله عنه that Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما had 3 slaves (gulam) who use to do Hijamah (الحجامة), Among 3, two uses to bring grocery etc & one use to do Hijamah (الحجامة) for him & his Family members & Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: “The Best Slave (gulam) is who knows Hijamah (الحجامة) (to do) & removes the blood, by this the problems of back & spine goes, eye sight improves,” & Rasoolullah ﷺ said: “When I went to Mehraaj, the groups of Angels (farishtaas) I passed said undergo Hijamah (الحجامة) & the best days are 17th or 19th or 21st (Moon days) & Rasoolullah ﷺ said: “The best way for treatment is: To put medicine in nose; To put medicine in one side of mouth; A cut of Hijamah (الحجامة) &
Laxatives & said that Rasoolullah ﷺ was also given Medicine by mouth & Rasoolullah ﷺ asked who gave Me medicine? To this all were silent & Rasoolullah ﷺ said that “In My Family members all were given medicine, except Abbas رضي الله عنهما, (because he never needed medicine).
[Tirmizi: 2191; Book. 28, English vol.4; Book 2, Hadees. 2051]
(Laxatives are the food products or medicine which cleans the intestines by inducing stools).
12. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Nabi ﷺ said: “What a nice slave is the cupper (a person who does Hijamah (الحجامة) (Wet Cupping) he removes toxins from blood, lightens his back & sharpens his eye sight & said that at the Night of Mehraaj every group of Angels (Farishtaas) that Rasoolullah ﷺ passed said: “O Muhammad ﷺ! You should use Hijamah (cupping).
[Ibn Majah: 3606, 3607; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3477, 3478]
13. Hazrat Suhaib رضي الله عنه reports that his right eye was paining & he was eating Tamar (تمر) (dates), looking to this; Rasoolullah ﷺ said that you are eating Tamar (تمر) (dates) in spite of eye pain, on this, Hazrat Suhaib رضي الله عنه said, that I am eating from left side & my right eye is paining.
14. Whenever any of the Nabi ﷺ's wives suffered from conjunctivitis, Nabi ﷺ did not touch her until her eyes were cured".
[Reference Abu Nu-aim; at-Tibbun Nabawi]
15. Once, wife of Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه complained about her eyes, he ﷺ said to her “If you had done, what Nabi ﷺ used to do, it would have been better for you & would have brought fast healing to your eyes. Splash water on your eyes & then say,
Translation: "Cure the ailment, O LORD of the people, Bring about the cure, for You Alone Bring the cure & there is no cure except that which You Bring about. Bring a type of cure that eradicates every ailment".
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3660; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3530.]
(It is a part of a long Hadees).
Please refer lesson no. 49 Kamaat (mushrooms & truffles), 50 Surma (collyrium), 66 Nazar (evil eye) & 67 Treatment of Nazar (evil eye) in part-1.
The details given below are according to Ulama & Islamic Scholars & not from Hadees.
Recite the following Dua: -
[Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)]
Recite the above Chapter 50 (Surah) Qaaf verse no. 22 for 3 times after every Salah & blow on fingers & rub gently on both eyes.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page no. 79]
Recite the above Chapter 97 (Surah) Qadar (full Surah) for 3 times after every Salah (Namaz) & blow air on fingers & rub gently on both eyes. If anyone recites this Surah after Wazoo & looks at the sky, the eyesight will never weaken down Insha Allah.
[Cure of our worries from Holy Quran. by Maulana Muhammad Shafique page. 46]
Antimony strengthens the optic nerve & is considered the best collyrium (kohl) (surma) when mixed with musk powder for elderly people with poor vision weakened by old age & also helps to reduce skin flap growing on the eyelid, mange of the eyelids & it relaxes eyestrain.
It helps detoxify eye moisture & eases congestion in tear ducts. It helps natural cleansing of the eyes & helps to protect the eyes from dust particles floating in the air & brightens one’s sight. When Ismid is mixed with honey diluted in water & applied on the edge of the eyelid, it helps to reduce headaches.
Mange means a skin disease of mammals caused by parasitic mites & occasionally communicable to humans. It is characterized by severe itching, hair loss & the formation of scabs & lesions.
(Pictures are given at the start of this lesson)
It has 77% water & 23% other substances. These substances include 60% hydrocarbons, 7% fats, 4% fibers, 18% proteins & the remaining 11% are in the form of ashes that remain after its burning. Seventeen amino acids have already been recognized in the proteins present in the truffles.
When Prophet ﷺ describes the truffles as manna, this actually implies that they grow by the Will & Grace of Allah as they are not cultivated by man. Moreover, they require neither seeds nor water to grow. The only interference by man in this process is to exert effort in their gathering. As for the other description given by Prophet ﷺ that “Their water is healing to the eye”, Ibn Sina mentioned that Muslims, in response to this Hadees used to boil its water, cool it & then use it as eye drops . Dr. Al-Mu`taz al-Marzuqi, an Egyptian Ophthalmologist, tried to study this Hadees in the light of modern science & reached very important results.
He found that the water of truffles prevents the occurrence of fibrosis in cases of eye trachoma. Truffles stop the formation of the fibrous tissues in the infected area. Experiments have proven that the application of the water of truffles in the treatment of trachoma has led to an enormous drop in the formation of lymphatic cells resulting from inflammation, which may lead to opacity of the cornea. Trachoma is a chronic contagious inflammation from which most inhabitants of the Arab world, the Mediterranean region & others all over the world suffer. The complications resulting from this disease may lead to total blindness.
Trachoma with its various complications is found to be completely responsible for more than 25% of the cases of blindness in areas where the disease is widespread. Very often, trachoma is also accompanied by spring ophthalmia, which increases fibrosis in the infected area. Experiments carried by Dr. Al-Mu`taz Al-Marzuqi have proven that the water of truffles remarkably reduces the occurrence of fibrosis in the eye cornea, through stopping the growth of the cells which form the fibers, equalizing the chemical effect of the trachoma poisons & inhibiting the unnatural growth of the cells of the conjunctiva, because most of the complications of trachoma occur because of fibrosis of the cornea that are cured by the water of truffles (By Dr. Zaghloul El-Naggar).
It is a natural anti biotic, anti fungal, anti bacterial, anti viral with no side effects (dryness of eyes) as caused by modern antibiotic eye drops. It is effective in all eye elements.
An Egyptian Physician Dr Sahbaa has written that cupping exerts marked improvement on the clinical condition of patients especially visual analogue, scale of pain, it significantly reduces the laboratory markers of disease activity and it modulates the immune cellular conditions particularly of innate immune response NK (natural killers) cell % & adaptive cellular immune response SIL-2R.