Headache mainly means pain in the head, it is a broad term. It is mainly caused by stimulation of blood pressure or increase in intra cranial pressure or disorder in any structure of the head or injury to the covering of the cranium, cranial nerves, or blood vessels. Headache can be a primary disorder, as in migraine or cluster headaches, or a common symptom associated with head injury or many illnesses such as acute infection, brain tumor or abscess, eye disorders such as glaucoma, dental disease & hypertension.
1. Hazrat Salma Umme Rafe رضي الله عنها said that Rasoolullah ﷺ advised wet cupping (الجماع) (Hijamah) for headache (migraine) & Heena (الحناء) for leg pain.
[Abu Dawud: 3858; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3849]
Please read the lesson no. 44 Hijamah (wet cupping) in part-1 of this book so that you will learn & understand what is wet cupping.
2. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما: Nabi ﷺ was wet cupped on His Head for an ailment, He was suffering from, while He was in a state of Ihram at a water place called Lahl Jamal. Ibn Abbas further said: Nabi ﷺ was wet cupped on His Head for unilateral headace while He was in state of Ihram.
[Bukhari: 5700 & 5701; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 602]
3. Abu Naeem said in his book on Prophetic medicine that the migraine type of headache used to attack Nabi ﷺ & that it would prevent Him from going out of His House for one or two days at a time. In addition, Abu Naeem related from Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ delivered a speech while a cloth was tied around His Head.
4. In addition, Sahih Hadees states that Nabi ﷺ said during the illness, that precede to leave this world: "Oh My Head". He ﷺ used to tie a piece of cloth around His Head. Tying a piece of cloth around the head helps soothe the pain of headaches & migraines.
[Al-Tibb Al-Nabawi of Abu Nuaim: 69]
5. Narrated by Ibn Ma-jah that whenever Prophet Muhammad ﷺ suffered from a headache, He ﷺ used to cover His Head with Henna (Khazaab) & said: "Henna helps to relieve headache by the permission of Allah".
[Ibn Majah: 3502 & Abu Dawud: 3823 according to Maktabah Shamilah]
Details given below are according to the Ulama & Islamic Scholars & not from Hadees.
Recite the above verse of Chapter 56 (Surah) Waqia verse no 19 for 3 times & blow on head regularly.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by idara page. 56]
Recite the above full Surah 108 Kausar for 7 times & blow on the patient.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page.73]
Recite the above verse of Surah 13 Ra’ad verse no. 16 & blow on the patient.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page. 74]