There are many heart diseases & disorders ranging from minor to major, caused by bacteria or viral infection, or dysfunctioning of heart or disease in its arteries & etc.
1. Narrated by An-Nu'man Bin Bashir رضي الله عنه that he heard from Nabi ﷺ say, Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt & that is the heart (الْقَلْبُ).
[Bukhari: 52; Book. 2; English vol. 1; Book. 2; Hadees. 50]
(This is a part of a long Hadees).
2. Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi ﷺ said: “Verily, when the slave (of Allah) commits a sin, a black spot appears on his heart (قَلْب). When he refrains from it, seeks forgiveness & repents, his heart is polished clean. But if he returns, it increases until it covers his entire heart. & that is the ‘Ran’ (الرَّانُ ) which Allah mentioned: Nay, but on their hearts is the Ran which they used to earn.
[Tirmizi: 3654; Book. 47, English vol. 5; Book. 44, Hadees. 3334]
3. Abdullah Bin Abi Awfa رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi ﷺ use to pray: -
Translation: “O Allah, cool my heart with snow & hail & cold water. O Allah, cleanse my heart of sins as You cleanse a white garment of filth.
[Tirmizi: 3547; Book. 48, English vol. 6; Book. 45, Hadees. 3547]
4. Hazrat Talha رضي الله عنه says that he went to Nabi ﷺ & Nabi ﷺ had Safarjal (السفرجل) in His Hand & said Take it, oh! Talha for it soothes the heart.
[Ibn Majah: 3494: Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3369]
5. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: "Eat Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince) because it heals cardiac problems & removes heaviness from chest.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28258]
6. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: "By eating Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince), heaviness in Qalb (heart) reduces.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28261]
7. Hazrat Auif Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: "Eat Safarjal (Quince) because it prevents Cardiac Problems & strengthens the heart.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28260]
8. Hazrat Sa’ad Bin Abi Waqqas رضي الله عنه says that he fell ill, he had chest pain, Rasoolullah ﷺ visited him & kept His respected Palm on Hazrat Sa’ad رضي الله عنه chest, Hazrat Sa'ad رضي الله عنه felt the soothing effect in his whole chest & Rasoolullah ﷺ prayed for him, & said that Saad is suffering from cardiac problem. And Rasoolullah ﷺ advised to take Hazrat Sa'ad رضي الله عنه to Haris Bin Kuladah (a hakim) & said the physician should give 7 Ajwah (عجوة) (dates) of Madinah (المدينه) crushed, & with its seed grinded & put it in his mouth.
[Abu Dawud: 3875; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3866]
9. Hazrat Abdul Rehman Bin Dilham رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said that for you Atraj (الاترج) (Oranges or citron) have many benefits, it reduces heart diseases & strengthens the heart.
[Jamius Sageer; vol. 2; page. 139]
10. Hazrat A'isha رضي الله عنها said to father of Hazrat Hashsham Bin Arwah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said to her that whenever you cook dry meat, add Dubba (الدُّبَّاء) (round pumpkin) in it, because it strengthens the heart which is effected with inferior complex.
[Ibn Qayyim; vol. 1; page. 308]
11. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that, when ever anybody use to fell ill, in Rasoolullah ﷺ’s family, Rasoolullah ﷺ use to advice to eat Barley broth (Harisa or Daliya) & use to say it removes the sorrow / grief from the heart of the patient & removes weakness, as anyone washes the face with water & water clears the dirt present on face.
[Tirmizi: 2173; Book. 28; English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2039]
The details given below are according to Ulama & Islamic Scholars & not from Hadees.
Translation: “Those who have believed & whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured.”
Recite the above Chapter 13 (Surah) Ar-Raad verse no. 28 for 21 times every day after every prayer (Salah).
[Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)] Recite the above Chapter 13 (Surah) Raad verse no. 28 for 3 times & blow on chest (heart region).
[Cure of our worries from Holy Quran, by Maulana Muhammad Shafique page. 13]
Recite the above Chapter 24 (Surah) Noor verse no. 35 once everyday & blow air on palms & rub the palm on chest & face.
[Cure of our worries from Holy Quran, by Maulana Muhammad Shafique page. 55]
Recite the above Chapter 23 (Surah) Mu’minoon verse no 97-98, & blow on palm & rub gently on heart & head & etc.
[Cures from the Quran a pocket Book by Muhammad Elahi page. 26]
In Hadees, Quince is said to eaten on empty stomach, it is good for the soul, تجم الفؤاد means that Quince pleases / strengthens the heart, & opens the coagulation (if clots are there). والطخاء للقلب is meant for darkness, like clouds or a sand storm cover the clear sky which is then un-seen, so Quince will do the same job for the heart, it will remove the blockage & the heart will be clear & healthy Inshaallah.
Dates are also rich in natural fibers & natural vitamins & other necessary elements, thus prevent cholesterol & triglycerides from increasing & prevent cardiac diseases.
Oranges & citrus fruits have vitamin C, which is famous for its powerful antioxidant properties (meaning that it disarms powerful oxygen molecules in the body that contribute to cancer & heart disease).
Barley contains more fermentable carbohydrate than other cereals such as rice. Fermentation of undigested carbohydrate produces short chain fatty acids, some which may reduce hepatic glucose production & affect postprandial glycemia (glucose after meals). Because of viscous properties of beta-glucans, boiled flours appear to produce higher glucose & insulin responses when compared with milled kernels. According to a controlled study in 18 lean, healthy men ingesting barley beta-glucan given with high carbohydrate food & high carbohydrate drinks, beta-glucan significantly decreased glycemic & insulinemic responses on the food (p<0.05) but not on the drink (p>0.05) treatments, compared to controls.
In another study comparing crackers & cookies made of whole wheat or barley, the barley crackers & cookies had glycemic indices of 49 & 34, respectively, whereas whole wheat crackers & cookies had 78 & 81, respectively.
It helps in ATP (adenosine triphosphate) formation (the energy molecules of our body) & it increases pumping action of our heart, proper bone & tooth formation, relaxes the blood vessels & brings proper bowel function. Magnesium has been shown to benefit your blood pressure & helps to prevent sudden cardiac arrest, heart attack & stroke. Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of dietary fiber & mono-unsaturated fatty acids, which are good for heart health.