1. In Hadees it is called as Hindba (الهند باء).
2. In Arabic it is called as Hindba, Bazrullah.
3. In Hindi &Urdu it is called as Kasni.
4. In English it is called as Chicory, Blue daisy, Blue Sailors.
5. In Latin it is called as Cichorium intybus.
1. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said, “For you Hindba (الهند باء) (Kasni) (Chicory) is present, because no part of day passes without showering the drops of Jannah (الجنة) water on it.
[Abu Nu-aim: volume no. 3; page no 435]
2. It is mentioned in Abu Nuaim that Eat Hindba (الهند باء) (Kasni) (Chicory) without shaking it because no part of the day is passed without showering the Jannah (الجنة) water drops on it.
[Abu Nu-aim: 3659]
Mohammed Bin Abu Bakr Al Qayyim quoted 3 Hadees in relation to Hindba (الهند باء) (Kasni).
3. Eat Hindba (الهند باء) (Kasni) (Chicory) & do not shake its leaves because no day is passed without showering on it the water drops of Jannah (الجنة).
[At-tibbe-Nabawi; volume no. 1; page no. 314]
4. One who eats Hindba (الهند باء) (Kasni) (Chicory) & goes to sleep, poison & evil spirit (سحر) (Jadoo etc) will not affect him.
[Abu Nu-aim; volume no. 2; page no. 5]
5. None of the leaves of Hindba (الهند باء) (Kasni) (Chicory) is there which is not showered by Jannah (الجنة) Water drops.
[At-tibbe-Nabawi;volume no. 1; page no. 314.]
Calcium, iron, magnesia, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, zinc, sugar, dietary fibers, protein, vitamin A,C,E,B1,B2,B3,B5.B6,B7 ETC.
Cichoria (a glycoside), potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, aluminum, chloride, carbonate, silicon, palmatic, oletic, satearic, linoleic acid & etc.
1. The extract of Kasni (Chicory) leaves can be applied on scorpion bite.
2. It relieves pain & inflammation.
3. Its water extract can be dropped in eyes for cataract.
4. It normalizes fever.
5. Reliefs urinary problems, improves digestion.
6. Removes obstruction of liver, gall bladder & helps in Jaundice.
7. Best if used with dates or olive oil or tukham e kasoos or saunf.
8. Removes constipation, relieves mouth bleeding, kidney inflammation, kidney stones,
9. It is best in all types of cough, diarrhea and dysentery.
10. Gargle can be done with Kasni water in sore throat, mouth ulcers & etc.
11. Best in fever & cold.
This needs a research on it.
i. Cichorium intybus(Chicory) leaf extract holds hepatoprotective (liver protective) activity against acetaminophen induced liver damage.
ii. The red part of the leaf of Treviso red chicory with a high content of antioxidant anthocyanins could be interesting for development of new food supplements to improve intestinal health.
i. Natural chicoric acid extract (NCRAE) presents an anti hyperglycemic effect essentially due to a peripheral effect on muscle
ii. Chicory appeared to have short-term (about 2 hours, as far as GTT is concerned) and long-term (28 days, in this study) effects on diabetes. Chicory may be useful as a natural dietary supplement for slowing down the pace of diabetes progress, and delaying the development of its complications.
iii. The activities possessed by C. intybus are highly desirable for the treatment of NIDDM because it reduces blood glucose levels without inducing adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
i. The water extract of Cichorium intybus has been observed to exhibit a remarkable anti oxidative effect on LDL, and inhibitory effects on the production of thiobarbituric acid reactive substance and the Degradation of fatty acids in LDL.
i. Exhibits antibacterial and antifungal activities.
1. Jannah water is showered over its plant daily, so use it without shaking (when used fresh). It prevents evil spirits, poisoning & etc. This lesson has 5 Hadees.