1. In Hadees it is called as Marzanjosh. (المرزنجوش)
2. In Urdu it is called as Marwa, Marzanjosh.
3. In Hindi it is called as Marwa, Sathra.
4. In Sanskrit it is called as Ajanmasurabhi, Marwa.
5. In Latin it is called as Origanum marjoram.
6. In Persain it is called as Maranzosh.
7. Its common names are Marjoram, sweet marjoram.
8. In English it is called as Sweet Marjoram,knotted Marjoram.
1. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said “For you Marzanjosh (المرزنجوش) is present, this is very beneficial in cold &
cough (للخشام جيد) it can be smelled (steam of it).
[Kanz al-Ummal: 17345 & Abu Nu-aim: 286]
Triterpenoids, Sabinene hydrate, Borneo, Camphor, Pinene, Essential oils, Cafteic, Rosmarimic acids, Caracrol, Flavonoids, Linalool,
Part used is Whole plant.
1. It is beneficial in gastric ulcers, diabetes, gastro intestinal infections, other infections.
2. It reduces Cholesterol, Triglycerides.
3. It is sedative, expectorant, carminative, and stimulant.
4. Helpful in bronchitis, headache, insomnia, anxiety, digestive disorders, painful menstruation.
5. It relieves muscular pain, swelling, stiffness, arthritis.
6. It can be used externally for skin problems.
Asthma: - Early research shows that taking 2 drops of marjoram oil daily along with asthma medication for 3 months might improve lung
function in people with asthma better than taking asthma medication alone. Its oil is also used for coughs, gall bladder complaints,
stomach cramps and digestive, depression, dizziness, migraines, nervous headaches, nerve pain, paralysis, coughs, runny nose; and as a
Tea made from the leaves or flowers is used for runny nose and colds in infants and toddlers, also useful in dry irritating coughs, swollen nose and throat, and ear pain. Marjoram tea is also used for various digestion problems including poor appetite, liver disease, gallstones, intestinal gas, and stomach cramps. Some women use marjoram tea for relieving symptoms of menopause, treating mood swings related to menstrual periods, starting menstruation, and promoting the flow of breast milk.
Other uses include treating diabetes, sleep problems, muscle spasms, headaches, sprains, bruises and back pain. It is also used as a “nerve tonic” and a “heart tonic,” and to promote better blood circulation.
It is best for cough & cold. This lesson has 1 Hadees.