1. In Hadees it is called as Lahm.(لحم)
2. In Hindi & Urdu it is called as Gosh.
3. In English it is called as Meat or Flesh.
4. Shoulder meat & Foreleg is called as Zara’a (الذرع) in Hadees.
5. Back meat is called as Zahr (الظهر) in Hadees.
6. Dried meat is called as Qadid (القديد) in Hadees.
1. In Sura Ma’idah, verse no. 1.
2. In Sura Nahl, verse no. 14.
3. In Sura Baqr, verse no. 259.
4. In Sura Toor, verse no. 22.
Meat has been a big part of eatables among human since many years & is eaten worldwide. Human eat various types of meat of various animals & birds, but we should not eat all types of animals or birds.
According to Quran: -
The Quran forbids meat of animals that die of themselves, blood, the meat of swine (porcine animals, pigs), flowing blood, neck strangulated, beaten till death, dead due to fall from height, accidental death, death & eaten by a wild animal, Animal slaughter un-Islamically and animals dedicated to other than Allah (either undedicated or dedicated to idols) which are Haraam & opposed to Islamic rules.
[Surah Maaidah: 3]
According to Hadees: -
In Hadees, following meats are not allowed to be eaten: -
1. Animals feeding dirty things, their Meat & Milk both are not allowed to eat or drink.
2. Pet Donkey, Pig, Cat, frog, dog, Crow, wild animals (fox, wolf & etc) meats are not allowed to eat.
3. Animals who die, due to drowning & sea animals, which die in the sea and their body floats.
4. We are not allowed to cut any body part of an animal, while it is alive & eaten.
5. Animals & bird which hunt with their claws their meat is not allowed.
6. Cow meat in not liked to be eaten etc.
1. Hazrat Abu Darda رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said “At the top (سيد طعام) among all eatables of Earth & Jannah is Lahm (لحم) (Meat).
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3430; Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3305]
2. Hazrat Abu Darda رضي الله عنه says that, whenever Rasoolullahﷺ was called for a Feast to eat Lahm (لحم) (Meat), he accepted it, & whenever meat was
sent Heﷺ accepted it.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3431; Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3306]
3. Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ prohibited eating the animal meat which feeds on filth and drinking its milk.
[Abu Dawud: 3785; Book. 28; English Book. 27; Hadees. 3776]
4. Narrated Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ said, Allah (has) forbade wine and the price paid for it, and forbade dead meat and the price paid for
it, and forbade swine (الْخِنْزِيرَ) and the price paid for it.
[Abu Dawud: 3485; Book. 24; English Book. 23; Hadees. 3478]
5. Narrated Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ prohibited the eating of donkey's meat.
[Bukhari: 5522; Book. 72; English vol. 7; Book. 67; Hadees. 431]
6. Narrated Abu Sa`labah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ forbade the eating of the meat of beasts having fangs.
[Bukhari: 5530; Book. 72; English vol. 7; Book. 67; Hadees. 438]
(Please refer the next lesson Prohibited eatables & drinks).
7. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that, Lahm (لحم) (Meat) of shoulder (الذرع) (Al-Zaraa’a) (of Goat) was sent for Rasoolullahﷺ because
Rasoolullahﷺ liked it, & Nabiﷺ ate it by cutting & pulling the cooked meat with his (respected) teeth.
[Tirmizi: 1837; Book. 25; English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1837]
8. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that the foreleg (shoulder) (الذِّرَاعُ) was not the part of the meat that the Rasoolullah ﷺ liked most, but He ﷺ would not get meat (every time) but occasionally. So it would be hastened to him ﷺ because it cooks quickly.
[Tirmizi: 1838; Book. 25; English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1838]
9. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Jaffar Ibn Zubair رضي الله عنه says that, he slaughtered a camel for people (to eat) & said, people were cutting meat of back of the camel (Al-Zahr) (الظهر) for Rasoolullah ﷺ because Nabiﷺ liked it & Rasoolullahﷺ use to say “The best part of the meat is Al-Zahr (الظهر)
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3433; Book. 29; English vol. 4 Book. 29, Hadees. 3308]
10. Hazrat Abdul Bin Jafar رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said “The best part to eat meat is of back (Al-Zahr) (الظهر).
[Shamaa’il Muhammadiyah: 171; Book. 26; English Book. 25; Hadees. 162]
11. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Al-Haris رضي الله عنه says that, we ate roasted meat with Rasoolullahﷺ & after eating Rasoolullahﷺ cleaned
his (respected) hands with a stone & offered Salah (Namaz) without doing Wazoo.
[Ibn Majah: 3436; Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3311]
(Means Rasoolullahﷺ was in Wazoo).
12. Hazrat Amr Bin Ummiyah رضي الله عنه says that he saw Rasoolullahﷺ having roasted shoulder meat (الذرع) of a goat in His (respected) hand & Nabiﷺ was cutting & eating the roasted meat, since than Rasoolullah ﷺwas called for Salah (namaz), Rasoolullahﷺ kept the meat & knife & stoop up & offered Salah (Namaz) without doing Wazoo.
[Bukhari: 5408: Book. 70; English vol. 7; Book. 65; Hadees. 319]
(Means Rasoolullahﷺ was in Wazoo).
13. Hazrat Mughirah Bin Shaibah رضي الله عنه says that “One night I was guest of Rasoolullahﷺ, Rasoolullahﷺ specially offered roasted leg meat & Himself cut the meat with knife & use to give me.
[Abu Dawud: 188; Book. 1; English Book. 1; Hadees. 188]
14. Hazrat Umme Salma رضي الله عنها says that she gave to Rasoolullahﷺ roasted front leg of a goat to which Nabiﷺ ate & than offered Salah (Namaz) without doing Wazoo.
[Tirmizi: 1829; Book. 25; English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1829]
(Means Nabiﷺ was in Wazoo).
15. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Al-Hars رضي الله عنه says that we ate roasted meat with Rasoolullahﷺ in Masjid.
[Shamaa’il Muhammadiyah: 165; Book. 26; English Book. 25; Hadees. 156]
16. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه says that "Nabiﷺ took out a piece of meat from a cooking vessel (which was kept for cooking) ate it & went to
offer Salah without doing Wazoo.
[Bukhari: 5405; Book. 70; English vol. 7; Book. 65; Hadees. 316]
(Means Nabiﷺ were in Wazoo).
17. Hazrat Ibn Masood رضي الله عنه says that, one person came to Rasoolullahﷺ & due to honor & respect, his body started to tremble (tremors), seeing this, Rasoolullah ﷺ said, I am not a King, I am Son of a (poor) Lady, who used Qadid (القديد) (dried meat).
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3437; Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3312]
Qadid (القديد) is dried meat, means salt is applied to meat & kept for drying, so that they can use it, whenever necessary, poor people of that time use it.
18. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that, we use to keep (separate) the Cannon bones (Paya) of Qurbani animals for Rasoolullahﷺ because Rasoolullahﷺ
would eat them 15th days after Qurbani.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3438; Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book 29, Hadees. 3313]
19. Narrated by Zahdam that Abu Moosa Ashari رضي الله عنه says that he saw Nabi ﷺeating Chicken.
[Tirmizi: 1827; Book. 25; English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1827]
20. Narrated Ibrahim Bin Umar Bin Safinah رضي الله عنه said form his father, from his grandfather that he ate meat of Bustard (حُبَارى) (a type of bird) with Nabiﷺ.
[Tirmizi: 1828; Book no. 25, English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1828]
(Bustard in Hadees is called as Hubaari).
21. Narrated by Hisham Bin Zaid that he heard Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه saying that, Nabiﷺ has eaten Rabbit’s meat.
[Tirmizi: 1789, Book 25, English vol. 3; Book. 23; Hadees. 1789]
(It is a part of a long Hadees).
22. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Umar رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said, “Two dead things & two types of blood are allowed (to eat), the two dead things are Fish
& Locusts (Jaradh), & two types of blood are Liver & Spleen”.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3439; Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3314]
Locusts (الجراد) (In Hadees they are called as Jaradh) are type of eatable grasshopper green, in Hindi & Urdu they are called as Tidda.
23. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said "The cure for Irqun-Nisa (عرق النشاء) (lower back pain) is in fat-tail of Bedouin sheep, its
fats should be melted & divided into 3 parts & each part (should) be taken each day on empty stomach.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3592; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3463]
Sciatica is pair of (right & left) thick & large nerve descending from lumber & sacral spine, compression on it by herniated disc giving a radiant pain from lower back to leg or legs & this condition is called as sciatica.
24. Hazrat Mulaika Bint Amr رضي الله عنها says that Rasoolullahﷺ said “There is cure in Cow's milk, its ghee/butter is beneficial, but its meat has disease.
[Abu Nuaim: 858]
25. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said “For your benefit, Cow's milk (اللبن) is present, its Milk (اللبن) & Ghee are best medicine , but its meat has diseases”.
[Abu Nu-aim: 858]
26. Narrated by Alqamah Bin Al-Muzani رضي الله عنه says from his father that Nabiﷺ said “When one of you buys meat, then let him increase its gravy, for if you did not get meat you will have gravy; & it is one of the two meats”.
[Tirmizi: 1832; Book. 25; English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1832]
27. Narrated by Abu Zar رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ said “Let one of you not consider any good deed (Neki) as unimportant, if you have nothing then meet
your brother with a smiling face, if you buy some meat or cook something in a pot, increase the gravy & serve some to your neighbour”.
[Tirmizi: 1833; Book. 25; English vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1833]
28. Narrated by Jabir Bin Samurah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ commanded us to perform ablution (wazoo) after eating camel meat but not to perform ablution
after eating the mutton.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 534; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 495]
It has protein, sulphur, phosphorus, copper, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, sodium, carbohydrates, fats, & all vital vitamins. Goat Meat is loaded with the all the required healthy nutrients for the body in high amounts.
It contains B complex group vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B9, B12), vitamin E, vitamin K, choline, protein, natural fats, betaine, cholesterol, amino acids, minerals (manganese, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, phosphorus, selenium), electrolytes (sodium, potassium), omega 3 Fatty Acids and omega 6 Fatty Acids. It is very nutritional food for the health.
1. It contains low level of saturated fat and cholesterol.
2. It contains lower value of saturated fats, cholesterol and high value of unsaturated fats thus it is safe for the heart and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and other chronic problem, balances cholesterol Level.
3. Unsaturated fats found in it improve the good blood cholesterol (HDL) levels, provides relief from inflammations and keeps heart healthy.
4. It helps in maintaining the heart beats, lowering down the blood pressure and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis, coronary heart diseases and keeps the heart healthy.
5. It helps in weight control & reduces risk of obesity.
6. It contains lean proteins in high amount; low saturated fat, thus helps in controlling weight and reduces the risk obesity,
7. Proteins found in it acts as a hunger suppressing agent and keeps the stomach full for longer time thus helps in controlling weight.
8. Full of vitamins and nutrients, it contains lots of vitamins and nutrients which help in burning fat.
9. It is beneficial during pregnancy, prevents from anemia (low haemoglobin) in pregnancy & prevents from anemia during pregnancy to both mother and baby by increasing the blood hemoglobin level in mother and enhancing blood supply to the baby as it contains high iron level (3mg iron/100g of goat meat) & reduces risk of Iron-deficiency diseases.
10. It prevents from other iron-deficiency diseases, reduces the risk of birth defects among new born babies, neural tube defects and etc.
11. Nourishes blood cells, it contains high level of vitamin B12 which nourishes the blood cells and makes it healthy.
12. Reduces risk of cancer, it has selenium and choline which is very beneficial to be prevented from cancer.
13. Makes men powerful & it helps in improving sex power among men as it contains torpedo and bile which enhances the ability of male sexuality.
14. Relieves menstrual pain & it helps in iron recovery among women during menstruation and provides relief from the menstrual pain.
15. Makes skin glowing and healthy & it provides better nourishment to the skin and makes it healthy, soft, supple, glowing and smooth, provides relief from skin problems.
16. It provides relief from skin problems like psoriasis, eczema or acne and other problem by nourishing the skin, effective in dry skin.
17. It also provides relief from the dry skin and rashes problems by making the skin soft and supple.
18. Reduces risk of many diseases.
19. It reduces the risk of infections, type 2 diabetes and other diseases if eaten regularly & reduces cardio diseases risk.
20. It contains low sodium level and high potassium level thus safe food for the heart and prevents from the high blood pressure, risk of stroke, kidney diseases and etc.
21. Promotes energy metabolism, it contains niacin vitamin which involves in promoting the energy metabolism.
22. Healthy food for bone, teeth and hair, it provides better nourishment to the bones, teeth and hairs thus prevents from osteoporosis, joints pain and toothache and hair loss.
23. Strengthens immunity system & it helps in improving the power of immune system and prevents from various infections.
24. It prevents from early ageing, It helps in maintaining the functioning of thyroid gland and prevents from the early ageing as it protects from the free radicals, keeps blood sugar under control.
25. It normalizes the blood sugar level thus keeps blood sugar level under control among diabetic patients, reduces stress level, it enhances the mood level by preventing from the depression and stress & promotes brain development.
26. It enhances the memory power among kids by helping in proper brain development.
27. Keeps body healthy and strong.
28. Goat meat is called as mutton and so mutton cannon bone (leg) soup is very famous, delicious and healthy for the health especially bones. It is rich in calcium and helps in bone building and teeth strengthening. It enhances producing new body cells thus delay the ageing. It is good for weight watchers as it is rich in protein which keeps stomach full longer.
Swine meat prohibited: -
Pigs have no neck that makes it impossible to be slaughtered in the Islamic way (The Halaal way) and thus getting rid of the blood, which contains an abundance of uric acid, a toxic chemical substance that can be injurious to human health.
Disease caused by eating pork: -
Eating the meat of pig can cause over seventy different types of latent diseases as their body contains many toxins and deadly parasitic worms like tapeworm, roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. If you eat pork you are likely to ingest many of these worms or their eggs into your body! Most dangerous among them is the Tapeworm. These worms can enter the human body through the mouth, anus, nose, or skin, with most species attaching themselves to the intestinal tract. That is why you have to stay away from pigs. Once inside the body, these worms lay eggs and raise a family! The baby worms along with their parents stroll inside your body and can reach any organ easily. If they enter the brain it can cause memory loss. If they enter the heart it can cause heart attack, if they enter the eyes, it can cause blindness and if they enter the liver, it can cause liver damage. Simply, it can damage almost all the organs of the body. One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms (roundworms), which are found in pork. These worms are found in the flesh of pigs and the diseases caused by eating pork are incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage.
Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension (high B.P) and heart attack. Those who consume pork are more prone to obesity because of the high fat content in pork. In this group, blood cholesterol level is frequently higher than normal; pork-eaters are more susceptible to arteriosclerosis (hardening of arteries of heart), which may result in cardiovascular diseases, malfunction of the brain blood-circulation, vascular pathology of the lower limbs, etc.
Influenza or flu is one of the most lethal illnesses that pigs share with humans. This illness is harboured in the lungs of pigs during summer and tends to effect pigs and humans in the cold months. Eating pork also leads to gallstones & noxious diseases. It is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faces (shit or poop) or excreta and dirt. Often trash is collected and fed to pigs.
Pigs will scavenge and eat any kind of food, including dead insects, worms, tree bark, rotting carcasses, garbage, small animals and even other pigs. Surprisingly, pigs eat their own babies! They eat anything and everything. Even if pigs are bred in clean and hygienic conditions they are kept together in farms or barns and they simply cannot resist eating filthy substances or shit from other pigs and of their own. They are just filthy by nature.
Another interesting fact is that the pig excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content; the remaining 98% remains an integral part of the body.
Blood prohibited: -
The reason why the blood that is “poured forth” is forbidden to us is because of the information that has become well known and well established nowadays among the doctors and those who carry out medical tests and study microscopic creatures, which is that blood is considered to be the optimum environment for the growth of germs. So if a person drinks blood it is as if he has drunk a “farm” for growing germs, in which the germs can multiply and grow, producing lethal poisons which, as is well known, have extremely harmful effects which result in germs invading the human body resulting in the person contracting contagious and lethal diseases. By cooking or boiling at any degree spores & capsule secreting organism do not get killed & there is no question that blood can be cook or boiled & eaten.
Meat the king of all eatables: -
Meat proteins are excellent they contain all the amino acids that we need, while most plant proteins have a suboptimal amino acid profile, not surprisingly, consumption of animal protein is associated with increased muscle mass and people who eat an omnivorous diet have more muscle than people eating a vegetarian diet. Studies also show that vegetarians have much lower testosterone levels than their meat-eating counterparts. Low testosterone is associated with reduced strength, less muscle mass, more fat gain, depression and reduced self-esteem. Another thing that protein is important for is bone health. The studies show that consumption of protein, especially animal protein, is associated with increased bone density in old age and a lower risk of fractures & much more.
1. Meat is at the top of all eatables on earth & Jannah, accept feast of meat, do not eat meat or drink milk of animals that eat dirty stuffs, bite the meat with teeth, perform wazoo after eating camel meat, try to avoid cow meats, fat tail of sheep are cure for sciatica, increase the gravy & give to neighbors, also give meat as charity. This lesson has 28 Hadees.