1. In Quran & Hadees it is called as Laban (اللبن).
2. In English it is called as Milk.
3. In Urdu & Hindi it is called as doodh.
1. Surah Nahl verse no. 66, It is mentioned by Allah Ta’ala that from the cattle, there is a lesson for you that, I give you to drink pure Milk, a palatable drink, which is in their bellies, between excretions & blood.
2. Surah Muhammad, verse no.15, It is mentioned by Allah that there will be streams of delicious tasty water & such pure form of milk, which will not lose its taste.
3. Surah Mu’minoon, verse no. 21. It is mentioned by Allah Ta’ala that there are many things in cattle to think, for you, for example, you get milk from their bellies by which you benefit yourself so much, & also you eat them.
1. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Milk (اللبن) was very much beloved to Nabi ﷺ amongst all drinking substances.
[Abu Nu-aim; Tibbun Nabawi: 745.)]
& Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Milk (اللبن) was very much beloved to Rasoolullah ﷺ.
[Sharah Sunan Abi Dawud vol. 13; page. 286]
2. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that, once an Ansari, Abu Humaid came from An-Naqi (a place) brought a cup of Milk (اللبن) for Nabi ﷺ (looking at the cup), Nabi ﷺ said, “Will you not cover it even by placing a stick across it.
[Bukhari: 5605 & 5606; Book. 74; Eng vol. 7; Book. 69; Hadees. 510 & 511]
(Means all the vessels should be covered).
3. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Umar رضي الله عنهما says, that, once paneer (cottage cheese) was sent to Rasoolullah ﷺ (at the time of Gazwe Tabuk), Rasoolullah ﷺ called for a knife & cut the paneer reciting Bismillah.
[Abu Dawud: 3819; Book. 28; Eng Book. 27; Hadees. 3810]
4. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ use to drink Milk & use to gargle (His mouth) with water & further said that it
[Bukhari: 5609; Book. 74; English vol. 7; Book. 69; Hadees. 514]
5. Narrated by Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه that he saw Nabiﷺ drinking milk, Nabiﷺ went to his house & he milked a sheep & mixed it with water
from the well of Nabiﷺ, Nabiﷺ toke the bowl & drank, on the left Abu Bark رضي الله عنه was sitting & at right a Bedouin was sitting, Nabiﷺ gave
the remaining milk to the right one & said “the right! The right (first).
[Bukhari: 5612 & 5619 Book. 74; Eng vol. 7; Book. 69; Hadees. 516 & 523]
6. Narrated by Az-Zuhri that Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه said, that once a domestic sheep was milked for Nabiﷺ while he was in the house of Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه . The milk was mixed with water drawn from the well in Anas's house. A tumbler of it was presented to Nabiﷺ who drank from it. Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه was sitting on his left side and a bedouin on his right side. When Nabiﷺ removed the tumbler from his mouth, Umar was afraid that Nabiﷺ might give it to the bedouin, so he said Oh! Nabiﷺ give it to Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه who is sitting by your side." But Nabiﷺ gave it to the bedouin, who was to his right and said, "You should start with the one on your right side."
[Bukhari: 2352; Book. 42; Eng vol. 3; Book. 40; Hadees. 542]
7. Narrated by Umm Al-Fadl رضي الله عنها, daughter of Al-Hariz that she sent a bowl of milk to Nabiﷺ at Arafaat in afternoon on Arafaat day, Nabiﷺ was sitting on the back of camel, took it & drank it.
[Bukhari: 5618; Book no. 74; Eng vol no 7; Book no 69; Hadees no. 522]
8. Narrated from Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ said, “Whoever is given food by Allah, let him say:
Translation: (O Allah, bless it for us and provide us with something better than it).
And whoever is given milk to drink, let him say:
Translation: (O Allah, bless it for us and give us more of it). For I do not know of any food or drink that suffices, apart from milk.”
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3447; Book. 29; English volume. 4 Book. 29, Hadees. 3322]
9. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ said that the best object of charity is milk of the camel & she goat which gives birth recently & gives plenty of milk (colostrums) & the milk (colostrums) is given to somebody one bowl morning & one evening.
[Bukhari: 5608; Book. 74; Eng vol. 7; Book. 69; Hadees. 513.]
(Colostrums are milk which comes immediately after birth for the first 2 or 3 days, in animals or human).
10. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ was given 3 cups, at the night of Mehraaj (journey from Makkah to
Jerusalem to Heavens) 1st cup contained Milk, 2nd had honey & 3rd had Wine in it, Rasoolullahﷺ looked at them & then took the cup of Milk, to
this Gibrail said to Nabiﷺ that “You & your followers will remain on the right path.
[Bukhari: 5610 Book no. 74; Eng vol. 7; Book. 69; Hadees. 514]
11. Narrated Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما that Nabiﷺ said: "There are three that are (should) not refused, Cushions, (Duhn) fragrance, and milk."
[Tirmizi: 3020; Book. 43, Eng vol. 5; Book. 41, Hadees. 2790]
12. Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ disallowed drinking from the chipped (broken) side of the cup and from breathing in
[Abu Dawud: 3722; Book. 27; Englis Book. 26; Hadees. 3713]
13. Narrated Anas رضي الله عنه that Umme Sulaim رضي الله عنها had a wooden cup & she said she gave Nabiﷺ all kinds of things to drink in it (water, honey, Nabiz)
[An-Nasa’i: 5753; Book. 51; English vol. 6 Book. 51, Hadees. 5756]
14. Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ prohibited eating the animal which feeds on filth and drinking its milk.
[Abu Dawud: 3785; Book. 28; Eng Book. 27; Hadees. 3776]
15. Narrated Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ forbade riding the camel which feeds on filth and drinking its milk.
[Abu Dawud: 3787; Book. 28; Eng Book. 27; Hadees. 3778]
16. Hazrat Salman Farsi رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ has allowed eating paneer & ghee. (It is a long Hadees)
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3492; Book. 29; Eng vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3367]
17. Narrated by Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ married Hazrat Safiya رضي الله عنها & called people for a feast (as dawat e valima) &
served people with Hais, (Hasis) on a piece of leather.
[Bukhari: 5387; Book 70; Eng vol. 7; Book. 65; Hadees. 299]
Hais (Hasis) is a sweet dish (halwa) prepared from Tamar (تمر) dates, milk, jaw (barley), ghee, paneer etc.
18. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said that Allah Ta'ala has created remedies for all diseases & drink cow
milk because cow feeds herself by eating all types of grasses & plants.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28212]
19. Hazrat Abi Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said treat your diseases with cow milk because Allah Ta'ala has kept Shifa (شفاء) (cure) in it, because cow feeds herself by all types of grasses & plants.
20. Hazrat Mulaika Bint Amr رضي الله عنها says that Rasoolullahﷺ said “There is cure in Cow milk, its ghee/butter is beneficial, but its meat
[Abu Nu-aim: 858]
21. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said “For your benefit, cow milk (اللبن) is present, its Milk (اللبن) & Ghee are best medicine, but its meat has diseases”.
[Abu Nu-aim: 858]
22. Hazrat Tariq Bin Sahab رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said that “For you (she) camel's milk is very much helpful, she feeds
herself with all types of grasses & plants, & there is cure for all diseases (شفاء من كل داء) in it”.
[Jamiul Hadees volume no. 14; page no. 269]
23. Narrated by Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ advised some people from Urainah to use camel's milk (اللبن) & its urine for DHARIBAH (an abnormal fluid collection in abdomen) (ascities).
[Tirmizi: 1845; Book. 25, Hadees. 61; Eng vol. 3 Book 23, Hadees. 1845]
(It is a part of a long Hadees).
24. The respected Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم was breastfeed by Hazrat Aminah Bint Wahb (mother of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم); also by Halima Al Sadiyah رضي الله عنها and also by Thuwaybah (she was a freeded slave woman).
[Healing with Medicine of Prophet ﷺ by: Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jauziyah]
In Quran it is mentioned that period for breastfeeding is up to 2 years.
Mothers shall suckle their children for two whole years; (that is) for those who wish to complete the suckling. The duty of feeding and clothing nursing mothers in a seemly manner is upon the father of the child. No one should be charged beyond his capacity. A mother should not be made to suffer because of her child, nor should he to whom the child is born (be made to suffer) because of his child. And on the (father's) heir is incumbent the like of that (which was incumbent on the father). If they desire to wean the child by mutual consent and (after) consultation, it is no sin for them; and if ye wish to give your children out to nurse, it is no sin for you, provided that ye pay what is due from you in kindness. Observe your duty to Allah, and know that Allah is Seer of what ye do.
Fats, protein, sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, starch, prostaglandin, water, vitamin B1, B2, B12,vitamin C, D, E etc.
Proteins, water, casein, a-lactalbumin, lactoferrin, IgA, IgG, lysozyme, serum albumin, b-lactoglobin, carbohydrates, lactose, oligosaccharides, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, chlorine etc.
1. Milk strengthens the bones, teeth, it is good for liver function, it contains lactose in it, which prevents the absorption of many substances, in intestine, which could cause liver diseases, and it is good for nerves.
2. It built muscles, it is a good alkalizing agent, it is most nutritive food on earth, and it gives necessary energy to the body, Prostaglandins in it, protects & prevents gastric ulcers formation, & reduces pain & inflammation.
3. Proteins found in milk, are not present in any other food substances, Milk mixed with water is very helpful in acidity, best if taken with honey (It is Sunnah).
1. Dr. Hisham Al-Khateeb’s research states that milk is the only food which contains all the basic substances needed by human body. The best time to drink milk is early morning.
2. In the book of Food & Nutrition (1989 edition) stated that Milk is regarded as the most nutrient food on earth. In 1985, the famous medical journal The Lancet published a study by Dr. Garland of California University in the United States, He studied the food consumed by 1000 human over a period of 20 years & found that those who drank milk 2 & half cup daily were far less likely to get colon cancers than those who did not drank milk. And he advised to drink milk 2 to 3 cups a day.
3. One study from Japan states that drinking milk reduces risk of stomach cancers & also it is well known milk reduces pain due to ulcers.
4. Scientist of New York states that milk contains Prostaglandin which protects us for getting ulcers.
5. As Milk was beloved to Nabi ﷺ & many Statement of Him explain milk as best food you can judge by above Hadees.
Camel’s urine is efficacious in the treatment of skin diseases such as ringworm, tinea and abscesses, sores that may appear on the body and hair, and dry and wet ulcers. Camel’s urine brings the secondary benefits of making the hair lustrous, thick and removing dandruff from the scalp. Camel’s milk is also beneficial in treating hepatitis, even if it has reached an advanced stage where medicine is unable to treat it. End quote.
In the al-Jazeerah al-Sa’oodiyyah newspaper (issue no. 10132, Rabee’ al-Awwal 1421 AH) there is a quotation from the book Al-Ibl Asraar wa i’jaaz (The camel: secrets and wonders) by Darmaan ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez Aal Darmaan and Sanad ibn Mutlaq al-Subay’i:
As for camel’s urine, the book suggests that it has numerous uses which are beneficial for man. This is indicated by the Prophetic texts and confirmed by modern science. Scientific experiments have proven that camel’s urine has a lethal effect on the germs that cause many diseases.
Among the uses of camel’s urine, many women use it to wash their hair, to make it longer, and to make it lighter and more lustrous. Camel’s urine is also efficacious in the treatment of swelling of the liver and other diseases such as abscesses, sores that appear on the body and toothache, and for washing eyes. End quote.
Prof. Dr. ‘Abd al-Fattaah Mahmoud Idrees says: With regard to the benefits of camel’s urine in treating disease, Ibn Seena said in his Rules: The most beneficial of urine is the urine of the Bedouin camels known as najeeb. Camel’s urine is beneficial in treating al-hazaaz, and it was said that al-hazzaz is a pain in the heart caused by anger and so on. Camel’s urine, especially the urine of a young she-camel – is used as a cleansing substance to wash wounds and sores, to make the hair grow, to strengthen and thicken it and to prevent it falling out, and it is used to treat diseases of the scalp and dandruff. In a Master’s thesis by an engineer in applied chemistry, Muhammad Awhaaj Muhammad, that was submitted to the faculty of applied chemistry in the al-Jazeerah university in Sudan, and approved by the Dean of science and postgraduate studies in the university in November 1998 CE, entitled A Study of the Chemical Composition and Some Medical Uses of the Urine of Arabian Camels, Muhammad Awhaaj says:
Laboratory tests indicate that camel’s urine contains high levels of potassium, albuminous proteins, and small amounts of uric acid, sodium and creatine.
In this study, he explained that what prompted him to study the medicinal properties of camel’s urine was what he had seen of some tribesmen drinking this urine whenever they suffered digestion problems. He sought the help of some doctors in studying camel’s urine. They brought a number of patients and prescribed this urine for them, for a period of two months. Their bodies recovered from what they had been suffering from, which proves the efficacy of camel’s urine in treating some diseases of the digestive system.
Camel’s urine acts as a slow-acting diuretic, but it does not deplete potassium and other salts as other diuretics do, because camel’s urine contains a high level of potassium and proteins. It has also been proven to be effective against some types of bacteria and viruses. It brought about an improvement in the condition of twenty-five patients who used camel’s urine for dropsy, without disrupting their potassium levels. Two of them were cured of liver pain, and their liver function was restored to normal levels, as well as the tissue of the liver being improved. One of the medicines used to treat blood clots is a compound called Fibrinoltics which works by changing a substance in the body from its inactive form, Plasminogen, to its active form, Plasmin, in order to dissolve the substance that causes clotting, Fibrin. One of the components of this compound is called Urokinase, which is produced by the kidneys or from the urine, as indicated by the name “uro”.
The dean of the Faculty of Medical Science in the Sudanese al-Jazeerah university, Professor Ahmad ‘Abd-Allah Ahmadani, discovered a practical way of using camel’s urine to treat dropsy and swelling in the liver. Its success has been proven in treating those who are affected by these diseases. He said in a seminar organized by the Al-Jazeerah University:
The experiment began by giving each patient a daily dose of camel’s urine mixed with camel’s milk to make it palatable. Fifteen days after the beginning of the experiment, the patients’ stomachs grew smaller and went back to their normal size.
He said that he examined the patients’ livers with ultrasound before the study began, and he found out that the livers of fifteen out of the twenty-five were in a cirrhotic state, and some of them had developed cirrhosis of the liver as the result of bilharzia (a chronic disease, endemic in parts of Africa and South America, caused by infestation with blood flukes (schistosomes). All of the patients responded to treatment with camel’s urine, and some of them continued, by their own choice, to drink a dose of camel’s urine every day for a further two months. At the end of that time, they were all found to have been cured of cirrhosis of the liver. He said: Camel’s urine contains a large amount of potassium, as well as albumen and magnesium, because the camel only drinks four times during the summer and once during the winter, which makes it retain water in its body so as to preserve the sodium, and the sodium causes it not to urinate a great deal, because it keeps the water in its body.
He explained that dropsy (swelling of soft tissue with fluid collection) results from a deficiency of albumen or potassium, and the urine of camels in rich in both of these.
He suggested that the best types of camels for using the urine as a remedy are young camels.
Dr. Ahlaam al-‘Awadi, a specialist in microbiology in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, supervised some scientific papers that dealt with her discoveries in the usage of camel’s urine for medical treatment, such as the papers by ‘Awaatif al-Jadeedi and Manaal al-Qattaan. During her supervision of the paper by Manaal al-Qattaan, she succeeded in confirming the effectiveness of using a preparation made from camel’s urine which was the first antibiotic produced in this manner anywhere in the world. Concerning the features of this new product, Dr. Ahlaam said:
It is not costly, and it is easy to manufacture. It can be used to treat skin diseases such as eczema, allergies, sores, burns, acne, nail infections, cancer, hepatitis and dropsy (swelling of soft tissue with fluid collection) with no harmful side effects.
Camel’s urine contains a number of healing factors such as antibiotics (bacteria that are present in it, salts and urea). The camel possesses an immune system that is highly equipped to combat funguses, bacteria and viruses, because it contains antibodies. It may also be used to treat blood clots and fibrinolytics may be derived from it, and it may be used to treat dropsy (swelling of soft tissue with fluid collection) (which is caused by a deficiency in albumen and potassium, as camel’s urine is rich in both). Camel’s urine may also provide a remedy for abdominal complaints, especially those of the stomach and intestines, as well as asthma and shortness of breath. It caused a noticeable reduction in patients’ sugar levels. It is a remedy for low libido, and it aids in bone growth in children and in strengthening the heart muscles. It may be used as a cleansing agent for cleaning wounds and sores, especially the urine of young she-camels. It also helps the hair to grow and become strong and thick, and it helps to prevent hair loss and baldness, and can be used to treat dandruff. Camel’s urine may also be used to combat disease by using bacteria extracted from it. It was used to treat a girl who was suffering from an infection behind the ear that was accompanied by pus weeping from it and painful cracks and sores. It was also used to treat a girl who was unable to extend the fingers of her hands because of the presence of so many cracks and sores, and whose face was almost black with pimples. Dr. Ahlaam said:
Camel’s urine may also be used to treat the digestive system and to treat some cases of cancer. She stated that the research that she had undertaken on camel’s urine proved that it was effective in destroying micro-organisms such as fungus, yeast and bacteria.
Dr. Rahmah al-‘Ulyaani, who is also from Saudi Arabia, carried out tests on rabbits infected with bacteria in the colon. She treated each group of rabbits with a different kind of medicine, including camel’s urine. There was a noticeable regression in the rabbits that were treated with other medicines, except for camel’s urine, which brought about a clear improvement.
Majallat al-Jundi al-Muslim, issue no. 118, 20 Dhu’l-Qa’dah 1425 AH; 1 January 2005 CE.
Allah calls upon us to ponder the creation of the camel, as He says:
Translation: “Do they not look at the camels, how they are created?”
This pondering is not limited to the outward form of the camel, or even to the inner workings of its body, rather it also includes that which we have discussed here, which is the benefits of the urine and milk of the camel. Modern scientific research is still discovering for us many of the wonders of this creature.
1. Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم liked milk, always gargle with water after drink milk, always cover all vessels, drink milk & water mixed, eat paneer & ghee,
praise Allah after drinking milk, Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم had a wooden cup to drink., Nabi like Hasis (a sweet dish made for dates, milk, barley, paneer, ghee
2. Milk is among the best charity drink; do not refuse it, do not drink from the broken region of the cup. Do not drink milk of animals nor ride on the animals, which eat dirty stuffs. Cow milk & she camel’s milk are the best for treatment. This lesson has 24 Hadees.