1. In Hadees & Arabic it is called as Mur. (المر)
2. In Hindi it is called as Bol, Bolam, Hirabol, Polam.
3. In Sanskrit it is called as Gars Gandha.
4. In Latin it is called as Commiphora myrrh
5. In English it is called as Mor.
It is called as Mur (المر) in Arabic, the word Mur (المر) means bitter, it is a gum of a myrrh tree & the gum is called as Myr. (المر) Its oil is very famous & called as Oleoresin. It is very famous of Makkah, so it is called as Mur Makki.
1. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Jafar رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said “Fumigate your house with Al-Sheeh (الشيح) , Mur (المر), & Sau’atar (الصعتر) (saatar).
[Shobul Imaan: 5679]
Al-Sheeh (الشيح) according to many scholars is dried leaves of Cress (refer Lesson no. 20 Cress) Sau’atar (الصعتر) (saatar) is thymes (refer Lesson no. 31 Sau’atar (الصعتر).
Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamagte, Cinnamic acid, Vanilin, Tolure Cinotannol, Curzerene, Furanoendesma, Diene, Beta elemene, Acetyl Epoxyaermacra, Tetraene, Isomer
1. It is anti microbial, suppresses cough.
2. Acts as a local anesthetic agent & anti itching.
3. Reduces sprain, pain, swelling, inflammation.
4. It is a tropical vasodilating agent, perspiration & diuretic agent.
5. Can be inhaled for bronchitis & etc.
6. Relieves pain, itching, fungal infections, cold sores, hemorrhoids (piles), warts & etc.
It is anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti pest & etc, can be used for fumigation or oral uses. It has been used as an astringent, antiseptic, anti parasitic, anti tissive, emmenagogue, and antispasmodic agent. It was commonly included in mixtures used to treat worms, wounds, and sepsis. In Hadees it is mentioned to fumigate with it & it has been found that it is very helpful in fumigation.
1. Fumigate the houses with it along with Cress dried leaves, Saatar. This lesson has 1 Hadees.