|Musk gland removed from the navel of musk deer|
|Contain from musk gland.|
1. In Hadees & Quran it is called as Musk (المسك)
2. In Sanskrit it is called as Kasturi.
3. In Latin it is called as Moschus moschiferous.
4. In English it is called as Deer musk.
It is a highly sweet aromatic part obtained from a bag like gland at the navel of musk male young deer. These deer are of special types, called as Musk deer or Kasturi deer.
It is mentioned in chapter 83 (Surah) Al-Mutaffifeen (المطففين) verse no. 25 & 26. In the verses, Allah Ta’ala means to explain the boons & rewards of Jannah as follows:
خِتَامُهُ مِسْكٌ “They will be given to drink a pure sealed drink & the last sip of that drink will give you the fragrance of musk”.
[Surah Mutaffifeen: 26]
1. Hazrat Abu Saeed رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said, the best good smelling (الطيب) fragrance is (of) Musk (المسك) (Kasturi).
[An-Nasa’i: 1905; Book. 21; Eng vol. 3; Book. 21; Hadees. 1906]
2. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that she applied perfume which had Musk (المسك) in it, to Nabiﷺ before Ihram & on the Qurbani day & before doing tawaf of
[Tirmizi: 917; Book. 9; Eng vol. 2; Book. 4; Hadees. 917]
3. Hazrat Abu Saeed Khudri رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ spoke about a woman of Bani-Israel (بنى اسرائیل) who had filled Musk (المسك) in her ring because Musk is the best perfume (الطيب).
[Muslim 2252 B; Book. 40; Eng Book. 27; Hadees. 5599]
4. In other Hadees it is mentioned that when she use to press her ring, in company of people, the fumes of Musk (المسك) use to spread all over.
[Musnad Ahmed: 11364]
(Means the woman mentioned in above Hadees use to press her ring).
5. Narrated by Ma'bad Bin Hudhah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ commanded to apply collyrium (surma) (kohl) mixed with musk at the time of sleep.
[Abu Dawud: 2377; Book. 14; Eng Book. 13; Hadees. 2371]
6. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that we asked Rasoolullahﷺ about Kausar (الكوثر) & Rasoolullahﷺ replied that “It is a river, which
Allah (Ta'ala) will give me in Jannah (جنة), its river sand will have Musk (ترابه المسك) in it. Its water is brighter than milk (اللبن) & sweeter than honey
(العسل), over it such birds will fly whose neck will resemble neck of camel, On this, Hazrat Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه said that this is a great boon from Allah
Ta'ala, & Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم replied those who will eat them, will be more precious & fortunate ones.
[Musnad Ahmed: 13306]
7. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ said, the first group to enter the Jannah (جنة) will look like the full moon, And those who will come after them will look like a most brilliant planet in the sky, they will not urinate nor defecate (nor pass stools), nor spit, nor will blow their noses, their comb will be of gold, their sweat will be Musk (المسك), their incense burner will be of aloes wood and their wives will be Hoors & their built will be as Father Adam عليهم السلام sixty cubits tall.
[Bukhari: 3327; Book. 60; Eng vol. 4; Book. 55; Hadees. 544]
8. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said that for the people of Jannah (جنة) (Paradise) there will be a market on every Friday, in this market there
will be structures built with musk (المسك) & than north wind will blow & this wind will blow on their faces, garments & homes (by this) their beauty will
increase, then they will return to their families, the family members will say “By Allah your beauty have increased & the person will also say, the same to
their family members.
[Riyadh Al-Salihin: 1889; Eng Book. 20; Hadees. 21 & Musnad Ahmed: 14035]
9. Narrated by Abdul Jabbar Bin Wa'il رضي الله عنه that his father said: "A bucket was brought to Nabiﷺ; Heﷺ rinsed His mouth and spat into it, and it was like
musk or better than musk, and Heﷺ rinsed His nostrils outside the bucket."
[Ibn Ma-jah: 704; Book. 1; Eng vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 659]
10. Narrated Abu Huraira رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ said, "A wound which a Muslim receives in Allah's cause will appear on the Day of Resurrection (Qiyamah) as it was at the time of infliction; blood will be flowing from the wound and its color will be that of the blood but will smell like musk."
[Bukhari: 237; Book. 4; Eng vol. 1; Book. 4; Hadees. 238]
11. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that an Ansari woman asked Nabiﷺ how to take a bath after finishing from the menses. Heﷺ replied, "Take a piece a cloth
perfumed with musk and clean the private parts with it thrice." Nabiﷺ felt shy and turned his face. So I pulled her to me and told her what Nabiﷺ meant.
[Bukhari: 315; Book. 6; Eng vol. 1; Book. 6; Hadees. 312]
Vitamin A, Omega-6, Linoleic & alpha linoleic acids, dilating properties, anti- histamine properties & etc.
1. It is best for skin disorders like acne, psoriasis, eczema, leucoderma, infections, cystic formations and itches (its oil should be used). It contains Vitamin A, also known as ‘Retinol’ it be applied on the blotches where cell regeneration takes place and treats acne.
2. It prevents dehydration of skin because it contains essential fatty acids like Omega-6. It contains ‘Linoleic and Alpha Linoleic’ acids that contain such fibers which increase elasticity of the tissues.
3. It contains antioxidants elements which prevents ageing, fine lines and wrinkles, It has a meditative effects thus reduces anxiety and emotions. Its oil can be used to treat burns.
4. Induces pleasant dreams and increasing strength, increases libido, body strength, immunity etc, helpful for liver, digestion, cold & cough. It also reduces pain, soothes the nerves, and reduces inflammation.
Dr. Aaminah Ali Nasir Siddique, professor of microbiology in the College of Science in Jeddah has discovered that musk is a natural antibiotic for treating skin diseases and genital diseases in humans and animals. This discovery was patented in the King Abd Al-Azeez City for Science and Technology in Riyadh. The researcher also presented at the 8th International Conference on scientific miracles in the Qur’an and Sunnah, held in Kuwait in 1427 AH a paper entitled: Aspects of the scientific miracles of using musk as an antibiotic against funguses and yeasts that cause disease in humans, animals and plants. She explained that disease-causing bacteria increase in number during the menstrual period and that musk has a strong effect in killing off these harmful microbes. It is clear that the reason for the menstruating woman using musk is to perfume the site, to ward off unpleasant odours, and to kill off disease-causing funguses and yeasts.
Musk strengthens the internal organs, helps old people during cold temperatures, smelling musk helps people who suffer fainting attacks, helps to abate irregular heart accelerations and is also an aphrodisiac; it also accelerates healing of snake bites and removes the effects of poisons.
1. Musk is the best (natural) perfume, Nabi ﷺ liked it & applied it; surma which contained musk in it was applied by Nabi; Musk is present in Jannah also. This lesson has 11 Hadees.