1. In Hadees it is called as Safarjal(السفرجل).
2. In Persain it is called as Shul.
3. In Sanskrit it is called as Amritphala.
4. In Urdu & Hindi it is called as Bahi, Bihi, Naaspati, and pear.
5. In English it is called as Quince.
6. In Latin it is called as Cydonia oblonga.
1. Hazrat Talha رضي الله عنه says that he went to Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم & Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم had Quince (Safarjal) (السفرجل ) in his hand & said Take it, oh! Talha for it soothes the heart.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3494: Book. 29; English vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3369]
2. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said "Eat Safarjal (السفرجل ) (Quince) because it heals cardiac problems & removes heaviness from chest.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28258]
3. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said "By eating Safarjal (السفرجل ) (Quince), heaviness in Qalb (heart) reduces
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28261]
4. Hazrat Auif Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Eat Safarjal (السفرجل ) because it prevents Cardiac Problems & strengthens the heart
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28260]
5. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said, to eat Quince (Safarjal) (السفرجل ) early morning on empty stomach
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28259]
6. Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Masood رضي الله عنه says Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said, that "Give your pregnant to eat Quince (Safarjal) (السفرجل )
(Quince) & Hazrat Auf Bin Malik رضي الله عنه adds, it prevents Cardiac Problems & makes the baby son beautiful.
[Al-Aasaar: 70 (Abdullah Ibn Masood) & Jamiul Ahadees: 15779 (Auf Bin Malik)]
Part used is seeds, fruits.
Carbohydrates, sugar, dietary fibers, fats, protein, water, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin B2, B6, B12, follic acid, calcium, iron, vitamin C, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, malic acid, pectin & etc
1. Helpful in tuberculosis, anorexia (lack of hunger), constipation, cardiac problems, cough, cold.
2. Helps in bleeding, diabetes, injury, reduce inflammation.
3. Acts as an antibiotic, anti oxidant, anti septic, diuretic (increase urine output), tonic, alkaline & etc.
4. Can be eaten by all, all season in mild quantity.
In Hadees, Quince is said to be eaten on an empty stomach, it is good for the soul
تجم الفؤاد means that Quince pleases / strengthens the heart, & opens the coagulation (if clots are there). والطخاء للقلب is meant for darkness, like clouds or a sand storm cover the clear sky which is then un-seen, so Quince will do the same job for the heart, it will remove the blockage & the heart will be clear & healthy Insha'Allah.
Quince is astringent to the stomach, and it checks excessive menstrual flow. A few seeds placed in water will, after a few minutes, will turn mucilage (thick sticky) which is an excellent remedy for cough and sore throat, especially in the young. Quince is also excellent for pregnant woman, gladdening their heart. The holy Prophetصلى الله عليه وسلم said, "Eat Quince, for it sweetens the heart.
The best way to eat the quince is broiled or cooked in honey. The seeds of Quince (Safarjal) help against dryness in the throat, the windpipe and several other ailments. Its oil stops sweating and strengthens the stomach. Quince (Safarjal) jam strengthens the stomach and the liver and relieves the heart and the soul.
1. Quince soothes & strengthens the heart, prevents & heals cardiac problems, removes heaviness in chest (Qalb), Eat it on empty
stomach early morning.
2. There are 6 Hadees in this lesson.