1. In Quran rain is called as GHAITH.
2. In Hadees, Rain Water is Called as Ma’aul Matar (ماء المطر)
3. Rain in Arabic is called as GHAITH (غيث).
Rain is mentioned in Quran at many verses. Allah Ta'ala reminds us that "it is Allah who makes rain & rain fall.
1. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that once we were with Nabi ﷺ and rain started falling, (the respected) Nabi ﷺ removed his upper garment (kurta) & rain fall on Nabi ﷺ; we asked Why did you do this? & Nabi ﷺ said, because it (rain) has just come, from his Lord (Allah Ta’ala).
[Muslim: 898; Book. 9; English vol. 4; Hadees. 1960]
2. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that whenever it rained in Rasoolullah ﷺ's time, (the respected) Rasoolullah ﷺ use to pray to Allah Ta’ala that “Oh! Lord! Make these rain blessings for us. (Means make this rain beneficial for us).
[Bukhari: 1032; Book. 15; Eng vol. 2; Book. 17; Hadees. 142]
3. Narrated A’isha رضي الله عنها that when it rained Nabiﷺ would say:
Translation: (O Allah! Make it beneficial rain).
[An-Nasa’i: 1523; Book. 17; Eng vol. 2; Book. 17, Hadees. 1524]
4. Anas رضي الله عنه reported I saw Nabiﷺ raising his hands (high enough) in supplication (for rain) that the whiteness of his armpits became visible. (Supplication for Rain).
[Muslim 895 A; Book. 9; Eng Book. 4; Hadees. 1951]
5. Narrated Anas رضي الله عنه whenever there was drought, Umar Bin Al-Khattab رضي الله عنه used to ask Allah for rain through Abbas Bin Abdul Muttalib رضي الله عنه, saying, "O Allah! We used to request our Nabi ﷺ to ask You for rain, and You would give us. Now we request the uncle of our Nabi ﷺ to ask You for rain, so give us rain." And rain would fall."
[Bukhari: 3710; Book. 62; Eng vol. 5; Book. 57; Hadees. 59]
6. Narrated by Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه, once there was no rain in Nabi ﷺ time, a man come and requested to Nabi ﷺ to pray for rain & it rained from one Friday to next Friday, & the man came again saying that the rain is excessive & causing harm, Nabi ﷺ prayed:
Translation: ("O Allah! (Let it rain) on the tops of the mountains, on the plateaus, in the valleys and over the places where trees grow.") So the clouds cleared away from Madinah as clothes are taken off.
[Bukhari: 1019; Book. 15; Eng vol. 2; Book. 17; Hadees. 132]
7. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said that “With your Halal (pure)(حلال) earnings, buy Honey (عسل) & use it (Honey) with Rain water, this will help in Shifa (شفاء) for all diseases.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28176]
8. A'isha رضي الله عنها reported, I never saw Nabi ﷺ laughing to such an extent that I could see his uvula-whereas he used to smile only-and when He ﷺ saw dark clouds or wind, (the signs of fear) were depicted on his face. I said Rasoolullah ﷺ, I find people being happy when they are the dark cloud in the hope that it would bring rain, but I find that when you see that (the cloud) there is an anxiety on your face. He ﷺ said: 'A'isha, I am afraid that there may be a calamity in it, for a people was afflicted with wind, when the people saw the calamity they said:" It is a cloud which would give us rain" (Qur'an. xlvi. 24).
[Muslim 899 C; Book. 9; Eng Book. 4; Hadees. 1963]
When clouds laden with rain are seen, recite:
Translation: O’ Allah! We seek Your protection from the mischief of what these clouds bring, Allah make this rain one of prosperity and benefit.
When the clouds laden with rain are seen clearing, Al-Hamdulillah الحمدلله should be said and Allah should be thanked as there must surely be some good in the rain not having fallen.
When the rain begins to fall, recite:
Translation: O’ Allah! Send abundant and beneficial rain.
Translation: O’ Allah! Send down abundant rin that gives prosperity.
When there is fear of excessive rains causing disaster recite:
Translation: O’ Allah! Let it rain in our surroundings and not upon us. O’ Allah! Let it rain on the mountaions, in the wild, in rivers, dams and valleys and in places where trees and shrubbery grow.
When this happens, recite:
Translation: O’ Allah! Do not kill us thrugh Your wrath and do not destroy us through Your punishment and grant us safety befor this happens.
[Hisnul Hasin Eng by: Muhammaf Rafiq, Page: 189-190]
9. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Rain started to fall from Heavens; Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما asked his servant Abu Jawzaa to bring out his mattress & saddle so that the rain may fall on them. Abu Jawzaa asked him why you are doing that may Allah Have mercy on you. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما replied “Do you not read the Quran” (it is mentioned in Surah 50, verse 9, “And we have sent down from the heavens water that is blessed” & said therefore I would like the blessing to fall on them.
[Marifatul Sunana Wal Aasaar: 7232]
1. Rainwater is relatively pure stuff. The process of evaporation leaves chemicals behind, and what you see falling from the clouds starts out pretty clean. Evaporation is nature's distillation process.
2. Rain water is the purest water in the nature, there is nothing wrong in drinking the raining water. But we must purify it before drinking. Rain water is having a lot of health benefits; it is having natural minerals & etc.
All scientists all over the world confirm that rain is a very organized and complicated phenomenon and formation of one drop of rain depend on some exact physical rules & satellites photos shows a new discovery that it rains continuously in different places on earth.
So if we look at earth from different sides we notice that it is covered by clouds, scientists say that every second there are one hundred lightning flash all over the world, we know that lightning is linked with rain. So it is a real scientific fact that it rains continuously in different places on earth.
The four seasons are alternated on earth , when it is summer in the north half of earth , it is winter in the south half and vice versa .so it rains all the time day and night and most of rain goes into seas , this is a scientific fact.
Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم says that in every hour even in day or night, it rains and Allah distributes these rains wherever He wants) [Narrated by Al-Hakeem].
This Hadith confirms on a scientific fact that it rains all day and night on earth.
Allah says, In Quran surah Furqan 48:50, And it is He Who sends the winds as heralds of glad tidings, going before His Mercy (rain); and We send down pure water from the sky. That we may give life thereby to a dead land, and we give to drink thereof many of the cattle and men that we had created. And indeed we have distributed it (rain or water) amongst them in order that they may remember (the Grace of Allah,) but most men refuse to accept the Truth or Faith and accept nothing but disbelief or ingratitude.
According to the interpretation of Al- Baghawee, as Allah’s says, we have distributed it (rain or water) amongst them; it means distribution of rain among different countries. Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that every year, it rains in equal amount but Allah distributes it amongst earth.
Also Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما, Ibn Goraig and Mokatel told us that Nabi ﷺ said, there is no year that rain is more than the other, but Allah distributes livelihoods in our life as every year it rains in a specific amount, and if people commit sins, Allah would transfer rain to another people and if all people commit sins, Allah will send rain in seas.
Nabi ﷺ was living in desert area with no satellites or meteorological agencies and there was no method to predict with the continuous rain in day and night. so if He ﷺ used to speak from his own (without inspiration of Allah), He would say the same as His people says to get their support, but in fact He ﷺ got nothing from His own so we have to ask, who told Him these, scientific fact which discovered after hundreds of years , what made Him ﷺ to say that? Don't you see that the reason is to make it as an eloquent reply on people who mocks at the best man humanity ever known? Allah taught Him all.
1. The Prophetic Hadees states unknown scientific fact at that time as a proof that Prophet Muhammed صلى الله عليه وسلم is sincere, truth & honest. As in
some eloquent words He صلى الله عليه وسلم summarized scientific fact as Heﷺ said, in every hour even in day or night, it rains and Allah distributes these
rains wherever he wants [Narrated by Al-Hakeem]. You have to notice that any scientists or even a Bedouin can understand the meaning of
2. Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم told us about very important issue that distribution of rain is by Allah wherever He wants. It is very strange to know that there are some scientific references about water cycle systems on earth. Scientists confirm that each year there are fixed amount of rain.
3. It is very strange that no one at that time denied the Hadees despite the opposition in His life and after Him صلى الله عليه وسلم & those people were living in desert where rain may not fall down for years.
4. There is a question to atheists who denies the Prophecy of Muhammed صلى الله عليه وسلم, what made Prophet Muhammed ﷺ to know about unknown scientific fact that will not benefit Him anyway! As you the atheists say that Muhammed ﷺ was only asking for famous so He wrote the Quran. But we say why Prophet Muhammed ﷺ told us about these scientific facts and didn't tell us about some of his own stuff if He was looking for power and glory?
1. Do Dua if rain in falling that Allah make it beneficial for us, store the rain water direct in to a clean vessel & use, also store in clean containers for non seasonal uses of it. Do Dua if rain does not fall, in Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم’s Conclusion and Hadees's way, also do Dua if rain is excessive. Rain water & honey can be used for treatment. This lesson has 8 Hadees.