Come let’s follow the Eating habits & teachings of Prophet ﷺ this Ramzaan & pick the barkat & be diseases free. Let this Ramzaan be the best Ramzaan of our life. Come join the mission of leaving wrong eating habits & adopt the respected Eating habits & teachings of Prophet ﷺ in Ramzaan so that the whole year will be peaceful for us. Insha Allah. Reference of all below are in Books of Sunnah.
Note: To confirm the references please refer lesson no. 41 Eating Habits of Prophet ﷺ.
In this lesson you will get topics like: -
1. Some wrong eating habits in Ramzaan, which are against the teachings of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
2. Some tips on, proper eating habits, in light of teachings of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم & modern science.
3. Scientific benefits of Islamic fasting (roza).
Some wrong eating habits in Ramzaan.
1. We eat fruits along with food stuff while breaking the fast; In respected Quran, fruits are mentioned first, that means fruits should be
2. We eat fry items, boil items, snacks, cooked food, milk products etc all together or combination of some above said food items, this is against the eating habits of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم means Nabiﷺ never ate many items of food at same time. Heﷺ ate the simplest food.
Narrated by Abdullah Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ forbade two kinds of food; to sit at cloth on which wine is drunk; and to eat by a man while lying on his stomach.
[Abu Dawud: 3774; Book. 28; Eng Book. 27; Hadees. 3765]
3. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم never ate lot of quantity & lot of variety (dishes) together at one time, as we do in Ramzaan while breaking the fast (iftaar).
Malik Bin Dinar relates that Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم never ever filled his stomach with bread, nor with meat except in the situation of dafaf. Malik Bin Dinar asked a Bedouin man: What is dafaf? He responded: That he would eat with the people.
[Shamaa’il: 72; Book. 9; Eng Book. 9; Hadees. 68]
Dafaf means eating in company of people, one should not leave his companion alone while eating, one should eat and wait till his companion finishes eating.
Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Nabiﷺ & His family never ate full stomach (barley bread) for two consecutive days.
[Shamaa’il Muhammadiyah: 143; Book. 25; Eng; Book. 24; Hadees. 135]
Miqdam Bin Madikarib رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ said “Human fills no worse vessel than his stomach, few mouthful morsels are enough to keep the spine straight, if you want to fill it then fill 1/3 with food, 1/3 with water & keep 1/3 for air”.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3474; Book. 29; Eng vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3349]
It is Sunnah & taught by Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم to fill the 1/3 stomach by eating, 1/3 by water & keep 1/3 for air (means empty) & Nabiﷺ ate only when felt hungry & never ate full stomach. Nabiﷺ ate simple & inexpensive food.
[Shamail-e-Kubra; vol no. 1; page no. 190 & 200]
4. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم ate food to maintain the health & to satisfy the hunger & used food to treat diseases, we do not do so.
5. We eat & drink all together while iftaar & fill the stomach. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم use to drink water after sometime of meals.
6. We eat speedily & do not chew the food properly, & take big morsels (niwala) in hurry to eat & go for magrib salah. Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم use to eat with three fingers (thumb, index & middle) & take small morsels & chew food properly. In hurry & hunger we forget to recite the fast breaking Dua also (Roza kholne ki Dua).
Kaa’b Bin Malik رضي الله عنه said that Nabiﷺ used to eat with three fingers and not wipe his before licking it (the fingers).
[Abu Dawud: 3848 Book. 28; Eng Book. 27; Hadees. 3839]
After finishing the meal it is Sunnah to lick the fingers.
7. We get involved in eating after aazaan (iftaar) & do not pray (Dua mangna) in haste & greed to eat.
8. Also we do not give answer of aazaan properly while iftaar.
9. We leave the dastarkhwaan as it is and get up after iftaar or meals, The Sunnah is that we should sit first & than spread the dastarkhwaan & than keep eatables on it, & after eating first, pick up the remaining eatables then pick the dastarkhwaan & than get up & leave the place.
Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that Nabiﷺ forbade standing up before the food had been cleared away.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3419; Book. 29; Eng vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3294]
(Means first pick all the remaining eatables & pick the Dastarkhwaan & than get up).
10. We gents miss the magrib jamat due to eating.
11. Also we miss esha & tarahbih jamat due to lot of eating & wrong habits of eating.
12. We get ill, during Ramzaan & suffer from indigestion, stomach pain, acidity, loose motions, food poisoning & etc due to wrong eating habits in Ramzaan.
13. We buy eatables, snacks etc from stalls which fail to keep hygiene & we get ill. Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم said eating in market place is immodesty.
[Shamail-e-Kubra; vol. 1; page. 85]
14. We eat a lot of spicy, oily & fatty food substances while iftaar.
15. Due to wrong eating habit & lot of eating after roza, we are criticized by other religions.
16. We have a lot of iftaar parties.
17. Ladies spend a lot of time in preparing various eating items which are not proper for our health & not according to eating habits of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
18. We have excessive gas, flatulence & acidity due to wrong eating habits in Ramzaan.
20. We go to sleep after iftaar, Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم prohibited sleeping after meals.
This part of the lesson is very important, let’s perform & spread these teaching so that this Ramzaan becomes the best Ramzaan of our life Aameen.
1. Fruits are mentioned before meat in Quranic verses (chapter Al-Waqia 56: 20, 21. & chapter At-toor 52: 22 in both verses, fruits are mentioned first.
We should eat some fruits of one or two variety only (not much) or maximum 3 varieties & 3 to 5 dates & drink a glass of sharbat of jaw sattu, or mix jaw (barley) sattu (2 teaspoon) in milk sharbat or in milk shake or in any other drinks, but do not drink plain water. Do not drink plain water because according to Prophet ﷺ’s guidance & teachings we should not drink water after eating fruits.
2. Try to break the fast in masjid so that you can give answer of aazan, pray Dua, offer magrib jamat & salah properly, you will not have to run or rush for the jamat which is against the teaching of Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم. (But remember the eatables should be fruits & Jaw sattu sharbat only).
This will help us to offer magrib salah peacefully than after magrib do other ibaadats or whatever work you have.
Please note not to eat any eatables till 45 minutes to 1 hour, let the fruits get digested.
Fruits are light to digest & give us instant energy, provide us vital vitamins & minerals which are important for our body, please let the body get the vital nutrition from the fruits.
Than after 45 minutes to 1 hour of breaking the fast with fruits, the fruits will get digested than eat your meal, but the meal should be light like sareed. (Refer my Lesson no. 28 Jaw (barley) from part-1 or on my website www.tib-e-nabi-for-you.com or bloggers on www.drshakeel-tibenabi.com
I have given below about sareed, talbinah & jaw (barley) sattu.
Dear members please try the new method this Ramzaan & feel the difference, Insha Allah this Ramzaan will be our best Ramzaan of our life.
After Isha & Taraweeh Salah, drink 1 glass of water every 45 minutes (total 4 glasses of plain water) Remember this time we are in warm climate & water is essential for the body.
Try not to eat anything after esha salah because you can eat well in sahri. If you eat after esha salah also, the sahri is very soon the duration between esha & sahri is not much.
The food will not get digested till sahri & this may cause gas, indigestion & many other problems.
And if we do not eat after esha salah than we can eat well in sahri & we will get strength for the whole fasting day.
If we have a strong hunger to eat after Esha salah, than we can eat a light soft diet like custard, pudding or any light homemade thing in little quantity.
Remember Ramzaan is not an eating month. We eat the whole 11 months. If you eat a heavy meal after esha, that will not digest till sahri & you will not able to eat sahri properly.
In Sahri do not eat biscuits, Bakery products, bread etc because they cause gas & get fermented soon in stomach. Eat sareed or talbinah which I had mentioned in my Lesson no. 28. Jaw (barley) in part-1 Talbinah is Sunnah of Prophet ﷺ, this will be best, because it will give we the all nutrition required by the body & we will not feel thirsty. I have given detail about sareed, talbinah & jaw (barley) sattu further.
Do not try to over eat because the amount we eat is not important, but how much we can digest is important. If the food remains in the stomach for a longer period it gets fermented in the stomach and will cause various problems like indigestion, gas, vomiting, motion, pain in stomach, sour blanching, acidity & etc, and we will get irritated the whole day.
Ramzaan is to kill the nafs, & by eating according to our nafs, this does not fulfill the aim of Ramzaan. Please do not feel negative, be positive & expect the truth. Pull yourself together and decide to eat iftaar & sahri according to the teaching of Prophet ﷺ.
Cook thin salan (gravy) soup like, with little spices, little fats (not much). Dip pieces of chapatti in it & eat, by this the food will get in equal condition, it will be light to digest & will keep us free from acidity & other problems; It will keep us free from excessive thirst.
Remember I had explained about talbinah in my previous lesson no 28. Jaw (barley) to known what is talbinah & how it is made please visit my website www.tib-e-nabi-for-you.com & bloggers on www.drshakeel-tibenabi.com lesson on Jaw Barley, also I have given in this lesson further.
Dear gent members please try to break the fast in masjid because you will be free from following:
1. Rushing & running for Magrib Salah,
2. Missing Magrib Salah,
3. Not doing Dua,
4. Not giving answer of Azaan,
5. Eating in haste,
6. Waiting for Wazu,
7. Not getting place for Magrib Salah,
8. Joking while Iftaar, and etc.
Jaw is very good for health and prevents thirst, Please drink any sharbat or juice containing jaw sattu as you get up for sehri & than pray Tahaj’jud salah & do other ibaadats. Than eat sahri. (Sareed it best for sahri), Prophet ﷺ liked sareed very much amongst all dishes, Lets alive his Sunnah this Ramzaan. (Eat sareed twice a week at least).
1. Islamic fasting strengthens the immune system.
2. Protects the body against many diseases.
3. Improves function of lymphatic cells.
4. Increases in number of T lymphocytes.
5. Increases antibodies in blood.
6. Protects us from obesity.
7. Improves metabolism of the body.
8. Increases physical energy.
9. Reduces chances of kidney stones because by fasting, sodium in blood increases & prevents crystallization of calcium in kidneys.
10. Removes accumulated toxins out of the body.
11. Controls sexual desire.
12. Controls cholesterol, testosterone levels.
13. Prevents thrombosis, diabetes, atherosclerosis, blood pressure, heart diseases, peripheral vascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, acidity etc.
14. Acts on healing of ulcers.
15. No harm to pregnant & nursing women.
16. Fasting improves digestion & absorption.
17. It gives rest to all systems of the body like digestive system, endocrine system & etc.
18. It gives the body a chance to use out the stock & stores of the body, like vitamin, fats, minerals & etc that were stored for the last 11 months.
19. A fresh storage system gets activated after the stores are empty.
20. Reduces fats of the body.
21. Fasting improves function of endocrine glands.
22. Reduces blood glucose & controls diabetes.
23. Improves fertility in women & men.
24. Improves ability to learn & memorizing.
25. Sick & weak cells are destroyed.
26. Improves muscles function.
27. Improves heart rate.
28. The body gets a retro grade change Retro grade changes means opposite to normal way. Means for the last 11 months we eat in day & fast at nights & in Ramzaan we fast in day & do not fast at nights. This is retro grade changes, & it is very necessary according to modern science for all functions & systems of the body. Example retro grade rotation is found in mars planet & other planets. And earth is going to have a retro grade rotation also, according to Prophet ﷺ’s sayings. There are many more scientific benefits of Islamic fasting.
1. Take 2 to 3 tsp of barley sattu.
2. Add the sattu in 1 glass milk & mix vigorously in mixer or manually.
3. Than boil the mixture properly on a low flame for 3 to 5 minutes till the mixture gets thick & fumes of barley & milk comes.
4. Than let it cool a little and add 3 to 5 teaspoon of honey in it.
5. Then use it in Luke warm condition.
6. Give talbinah to ill patient, old, pregnant & etc.
7. Always prepare fresh & serve.
1. Take some barley grain with husk.
2. Take a pan, put some pure ghee in it & heat the ghee.
3. Then put the barley grains in the pan and roast them.
4. Then keep them for self cooling.
5. Then grind them into flour (Also you can roast the flour), and store (This is sattu).
1. Take some meat of goat or lamb; cut the meat into small pieces than boil it, as we do while preparing soups.
2. Smash the boiled meat into small fibers (especially of lamb or goat). Take required amount of water & put the smashed meat in it along with the soup obtained while boiling the meat & prepare soup in routine way.
3. When the soup is ready put small pieces of barley chapatti or bread in it & cover the vessel with a plate for 5 minutes than serve it.