1. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that Nabi ﷺ said: "If anyone wakes up and sees some wetness, but he does not think that he had an erotic dream, let him have a bath. But if he thinks that he had an erotic dream but he does not see any wetness, then he does not have to take a bath."
[Ibn Majah: 655; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 612]
Means if a male see sticky discharge on his clothes when he wakes up he should take a bath because it is obligation to take a bath, whether he sees an erotic dream or not it is an obligation to take a bath.
If the discharge is ejaculation (a discharge mainly in sleeps with bulge in a single stroke with little pleasure full feelings of orgasm) this ejaculation is commonly called as night fall.
2. Narrated by Umme Salma رضي الله عنها that a woman said: O! Rasoolullah ﷺ, Allah is not shy to tell the truth. Do women have to perform bath (Ghusl) if she has a wet dream?" He ﷺ said: "Yes, if she sees water." (Umme Salma laughed) and said: "Do women really have wet dreams?" Nabi ﷺ said: "How else would her child resemble her?" (That is, if she has an emission of the fluid of an orgasm).
[An-Nasa’i: 198; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 197]
3. Abu Saeed Khudri رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabi ﷺ said: "Three things do not break the fast of the fasting person: Cupping (hijamah), vomiting and the wet dream."
[Tirmizi: 719; Book. 8, English vol. 2; Book. 3, Hadees. 719]
4. Narrated by Khawlah Bin Hakim رضي الله عنه that "I asked Nabi ﷺ about a woman who has a wet dream and He ﷺ said: 'If she sees water, let her perform bath (Gusl)".
[An-Nasa’i: 199; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 198]
5. Hammam Bin AI-Harith رضي الله عنه narrated that A’isha رضي الله عنها had a guest to whom she lent a yellow wrap for him to sleep in. He had a wet dream and was too embarrassed to send it to her while the traces of the wet dream were present on it. So he submerged it (washing it) in water, then he sent it to her. A’isha رضي الله عنها said: Why did he ruin our garment? It would have been sufficient for him to scrape it off with his fingers. Sometimes I would scrape it off of the garment of Nabi ﷺ with my fingers.
[Tirmizi: 116; Book. 1, English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 116]
1. Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab said that Ibn Al- Musayyib رضي الله عنه said, "If someone marries a woman and cannot have intercourse with her,
there is a deadline of a year set for him to have intercourse with her. If he does not, they are separated."
[Muwatta Malik: 1236; Book. 29, English Book. 29, Hadees. 74]
2. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ said: "If anyone of you, when having sexual intercourse with his wife, says:
and if it is destiny that they should have a child, then devil (shaitaan) will never be able to harm him.
[Bukhari: 5165; Book. 67; English vol. 7; Book. 62; Hadees. 94]
In Tirmizi it is mentioned to recite this Dua:
[Tirmizi: 1092; Book. 11, English vol. 2; Book. 6, Hadees. 1092]
3. A'isha رضي الله عنها reported Whenever Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم intended to sleep after having sexual intercourse; He Acts after intercourse with wife performed ablution (wazoo) as for the prayer before going to sleep.
[Muslim: 305 A; Book. 3; English Book. 3; Hadees. 597]
4. A'isha رضي الله عنها reported Whenever Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم had sexual intercourse and intended to eat or sleep; He ﷺ performed the ablution of prayer.
Muslim: 305 B; Book. 3; English Book. 3; Hadees. 598]
5. Abu Saeed Al-Khudri رضي الله عنه reported that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said, when any of you has intercourse with his wife and desire to repeat it, he should perform ablution between them.
[Abu Dawud: 220; Book. 1; English Book. 1; Hadees. 220]
6. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said, "When a man sits between the four parts (arms and legs of his wife) and has intercourse, then bath is obligatory."
[Ibn Majah: 653; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 610]
7. Urwah رضي الله عنها has narrated it on the authority of A'isha رضي الله عنها that when Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم took a bath because of sexual intercourse, Heصلى الله عليه وسلم first washed His hands before dipping one of them into the basin, and then performed ablution (wazoo) as is done for prayer.
[Muslim: 316 D; Book. 3; English Book. 3; Hadees. 619]
8. A'isha رضي الله عنها reported When Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم took a bath because of sexual intercourse, Heصلى الله عليه وسلم called for a vessel and took a handful of water from it and first (washed) the right side of His head, then left, and then took a handful (of water) and poured it on His head.
[Muslim: 318; Book. 3; English Book. 3; Hadees. 623]
9. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم used to take a bath from four things; after sexual intercourse, on Fridays, after extracting blood from his body (hijamah/wet cupping) and after washing a dead body.
[Buloogh Al-Muram: 112; Book. 1, English; Book. 1, Hadees. 120]
10. Narrated by A’isha رضي الله عنها that Whenever Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم took Ghusl (bath) after sexual intercourse, Heصلى الله عليه وسلم would wash His hands, then pour water with His right hand, on His left hand and wash His sexual organ. Heصلى الله عليه وسلم would then perform ablution (wazoo), then took some water and run his respected fingers through the roots of the hair. Then Heصلى الله عليه وسلم would pour three handfuls on His head, then pour water over the rest of His body and subsequently wash His feet.
[Bulugh Al-Maram: 119; Book. 1, English Book. 1, Hadees. 128]
11. Abdullah Bin Abul-Qais رضي الله عنه asked 'A'isha رضي الله عنها about the Witr (prayer) of Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم and made mention a Hadees, then I asked, what did Heصلى الله عليه وسلم do after having sexual intercourse? Did He take a bath before going to sleep or did Heصلى الله عليه وسلم sleep before taking a bath? She رضي الله عنها replied, Heصلى الله عليه وسلم did all these. Some- times Heصلى الله عليه وسلم took a bath and then slept, and sometimes Heصلى الله عليه وسلم performed ablution (wazoo) only and went to sleep. I (the narrator) said: Praise be to Allah Who has made things easier (for human beings).
[Muslim: 307 A; Book. 3; English Book. 3; Hadees. 603]
12. Narrated by Aswad Bin Yazeed that A’isha رضي الله عنها reported (about the night prayer of Nabi ﷺ) that He ﷺ used to sleep in the early part of the night and woke up in the latter part. If He ﷺ then wished (to have) intercourse with His wife, He ﷺ satisfied His desire and then went to sleep; and when the first call to prayer was made He (use to) jumped up (by Allah, she, i.e. A'isha رضي الله عنها, did not say" He stood up") and poured water over Him (by Allah she, i.e. A’isha رضي الله عنها did not say that He ﷺ took a bath but I (Aswad) knew what she رضي الله عنها meant) and if He ﷺ did not had an intercourse, He ﷺ (use to) performed ablution, just as a man performs ablution for prayer and then offered two rak'ahs.
[Muslim: 739; Book. 6; English Book. 4; Hadees. 1612]
13. Narrated by Mu'awiyah Bin Abu Sufyan رضي الله عنه that He asked his sister Umme Habibah رضي الله عنها, the wife of the Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم"Did Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم ever offer prayer in a garment in which Heصلى الله عليه وسلم had sexual intercourse?" She said: "Yes, if there was nothing noxious (impurity) on it."
[Majah: 583; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 540]
14. Narrated by Jabir Bin Samurah رضي الله عنه that "A man asked Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم whether he could perform prayer in a garment in which he had intercourse with his wife. He said: 'Yes, unless he sees something on it, in which case he should wash it.'"
[Ibn Majah: 585; Book. 1; English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 542]
15. Narrated by Utbah Bin Abd Sulaiman رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said: “When anyone of you has intercourse with his wife, let him cover himself and not be naked liked donkeys.”
[Ibn Majah: 1996; Book. 9; English vol. 3; Book. 9, Hadees. 1921]
16. Narrated by Abu Saeed Khudri رضي الله عنه, A man said to Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم, I have a slave-girl and I withdraw the penis from her (while having intercourse), and I dislike that she becomes pregnant. I intend (by intercourse) what the men intend by it. The Jews say that withdrawing the penis (azl) is burying the living girls on a small scale. Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم answered the Jews told a lie. If Allah intends to create it, you cannot turn it away.
[Abu Dawud: 2171; Book. 12; English Book. 11; Hadees. 2166]
Means that if a man ejaculates outside the virgina so that pregnancy does not take place, on this Nabi ﷺ said that if Allah wants & will, the pregnancy will take place even if the semen is ejaculated outside. According to modern science the sperms in semen are capable to travel (to the fallopian tube) were the conception takes place even if the semen is ejaculated outside the virgina.
17. Jabir رضي الله عنه said that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم saw a woman, so He entered upon Zainab (His Wife) and had intercourse with her. Heصلى الله عليه وسلم then came out and said to His
companions “A woman advances in the form of a devil (if) one of you finds that, he should go to his wife (and have intercourse with her) for that will repel what he is feeling.
[Abu Dawud: 2151; Book. 12; English Book. 11; Hadees. 2146]
18. Narrated by Abdullah رضي الله عنه that we were with Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم while we were young and had no wealth whatever, So Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلمsaid, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."
[Bukhari: 5066; Book. 67; English vol. 7; Book. 62; Hadees. 4]
19. Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه said, If one did intercourse in the beginning of the menses, (one should give) one dinar; in case one has intercourse towards the end
of the menses, and then half a dinar (should give charity).
[Abu Dawud: 265; Book. 1; English Book. 1; Hadees. 265]
(Intercourse is prohibited during menses).
20. Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said "Whoever engages in sexual intercourse with a menstruating woman, or a woman in her anus, consults a soothsayer, then he has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad ﷺ."
[Tirmizi: 135; Book. 1, English vol. 1; Book. 1, Hadees. 135]
21. Narrated by Anas رضي الله عنه that the Jews did not ate with a woman during her menstruation period, so Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said: "Do everything else apart from sexual intercourse (with your wives)".
[Bulug Al-Muram: 144; Book. 1, English Book. 1, Hadees. 155]
(Intercourse is prohibited in menses).
22. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said:“Whoever has intercourse with a Mahram relative, kill him; and whoever has intercourse with an animal, kill him and kill the animal.”
[Ibn Majah: 2661; Book. 20; English vol. 3; Book: 20, Hadees. 2564]
23. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said, "If a lady slave commits illegal sexual intercourse and she is proved guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, then she should be flogged (fifty stripes) but she should not be admonished; and if she commits illegal sexual intercourse again, then she should be flogged again but should not be admonished; and if she commits illegal sexual intercourse for the third time, then she should be sold even for a hair rope."
[Bukhari: 6839; Book. 86; English vol. 8; Book. 82; Hadees. 823]
24. Narrated by Zaid Bin Khalid رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم ordered that an unmarried person who committed illegal sexual intercourse be scourged one hundred lashes and sent into exile for one year.
[Bukhari: 2649; Book. 52; English vol. 3; Book. 48; Hadees. 817]
25. Narrated by Zaid Bin Khalid Al-Juhani & Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that I heard Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم ordering that an unmarried person guilty of illegal sexual intercourse be flogged one-hundred stripes and be exiled for one year.
[Bukhari: 6831, 6832 & 6833; Book. 86; English vol. 8; Book. 82; Hadees. 818 & 819]
26. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said: “Allah will not look at a man who has intercourse with his wife in her buttocks.”
[Ibn Majah: 1998; Book. 9; English vol. 3; Book. 9, Hadees. 1923]
27. Narrated by Khuzaimah Bin Sabit رضي الله عنه that Nabiصلى الله عليه وسلم said “Allah is not too shy to tell the truth,” three times. “Do not have intercourse with women in their buttocks.”
[Ibn Majah: 1999; Book. 9; English vol. 3; Book. 9, Hadees. 1924]
28. Narrated by Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: The one who commits an illegal sexual intercourse is not a believer at the time of committing illegal sexual intercourse and a thief is not a believer at the time of committing theft and an alcoholic drinker is not a believer at the time of drinking, Yet, (gate of) repentance is open thereafter.
[Bukhari: 6810; Book. 86; English vol. 8; Book. 82; Hadees. 801]
The punishment for a married woman or man caught having intercourse other than their spouse is they should be stoned till death. And if an unmarried woman or man caught having intercourse should be beaten with hunter 100 slashes and be exiled for one year.
29. Narrated by Zaid Bin Khalid and Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه that Nabi ﷺ said: "O Unais! Go to the wife of this (man) and if she confesses (that she has committed illegal sexual intercourse), then stone her to death."
[Bukhari: 2314 & 2315; Book. 40; English vol. 3; Book. 38; Hadees. 508]
30. Narrated Ibn Umar رضي الله عنهما that a Jews brought a man and a woman who had committed illegal sexual intercourse, to Nabi ﷺ and He ﷺ ordered them to be stoned to death and they were stoned to death near the mosque (Masjid) where the biers used to be placed.
[Bukhari: 7332; Book. 96; English vol. 9; Book. 92; Hadees. 432]
31. Narrated by Abdullah Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that, if a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death.
[Abu Dawud: 4463; Book. 40; English Book. 39; Hadees. 4448] (Sodomy is having sex in unnatural way like oral sex, sex with animals or other means but mainly oral sex).
Dr. Muhiy Al-Deen Al-‘Alabi says that: “It is essential to refrain (prohibit) from having intercourse with a menstruating wife because doing so leads to an increase in the flow of menstrual blood, because the veins of the uterus are congested and prone to rupture and get damaged easily; and the wall of the vagina is also susceptible to injury, so the likelihood of inflammation is increased, which leads to inflammation in the uterus and in the man’s penis, because of the irritation that occurs during intercourse. Having intercourse with a menstruating wife may also be off-putting to both the man and his wife, because of the presence and smell of blood, which may make the man impotent.
Dr. Muhammad Al-Baar said, speaking of the harm that may be caused to the menstruating wife: The lining of the uterus is shed during menstruation and the uterus is scarred as a result, just like when the skin is flayed. So it is vulnerable to bacteria and the introduction of the bacteria that are to be found at the tip of the penis poses a great danger to the uterus, because the opening of both OS (mouth of uterus) are opened during menstrual cycle thus the bacterias can easily reach up to the uterus & fallopian tubes. Hence the penetration of the penis into the vagina at the time of menstruation is no more than the introduction of germs at a time when the body is unable to fight them.
Dr. Al-Baar thinks that the harm is not limited to what he describes of the introduction of germs into the uterus and vagina which is difficult to treat; rather it also extends to other things:
1. The spread of infection to the fallopian tubes, which may then become blocked, which in turn may lead to infertility or ectopic pregnancy, which is the most dangerous kind of pregnancy.
2. The spread of infection to the urethra, bladder and kidneys; diseases of the urinary tract are usually serious and chronic.
3. Increase of germs in the menstrual blood, especially gonorrhea germs.
The menstruating wife is also in a physical and psychological state that is not conducive to have intercourse, so if it takes place it will harm her a great deal and cause pains during her period, as Dr. Al-Baar said:
1. Menstruation is accompanied by pains, the severity of which varies from one woman to another. Most women experience pains in the back and lower abdomen. For some women the pain is unbearable and has to be treated with medication and painkillers.
2. Many women suffer depression and stress during their periods, especially at the beginning and their mental and intellectual state are at the lowest level during menstruation.
3. Some women suffer migraines just before their period starts and the pain is severe and causes visual disturbances and vomiting.
4. Women sexual desire decreases and many women have no interest at all in sex during their periods. The entire reproductive system is in a state that is prone to sickness, so intercourse at this time is not natural and serves no purpose, rather it can cause a great deal of harm.
5. A woman’s temperature drops during menstruation, as does her pulse and blood pressure, which makes her feel dizzy, exhausted and lethargic.
Dr. Al-Baar also mentions that the harm is not only caused to the woman by having intercourse with her, rather the man is also affected by this action, which may cause infection in his reproductive system which may lead to sterility as a result. The severe pains suffered as a result of this infection may be even worse than the sterility it causes.
Anal sex can expose its participants to two principal dangers: infections due to the high number of bacterias, fungus & infectious microorganisms which are not found elsewhere on the body and physical damage to the anus and rectum due to their fragility, & there is a higher risk of passing on sexually transmitted infections & diseases, because the anal sphincter are delicate & can easily torn that can provide an entry for pathogens. The high concentration of white blood cells around the rectum, together with the risk of tearing and the colon's function to absorb fluid, are what place those who engage in anal sex at high risk of STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
People say we use condom, the condom can break or otherwise come off during anal sex and this is more likely to happen with anal sex than with other sex acts because of the tightness of the anal sphincters during friction. Unprotected receptive anal sex (with an HIV positive partner) is the sex act most likely to result in HIV transmission. Other infections & problems that can be transmitted or caused by anal sex are piles, fissures, fistula, anal abscess, perforations, anal incontinence, warts, HIV, AIDs, human papillomavirus (HPV) which can increase risk of anal cancer; typhoid fever, diarrhea, parasitic infection.
Fever; amoebiasis; Chlamydia cryptosporidiosis; E-coli infections; giardiasis; gonorrhea; hepatitis A; hepatitis B; hepatitis C; herpes simplex; Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpes simplex virus; lymphogranuloma venereum; Mycoplasma hominis; Mycoplasma genitalium; pubic lice salmonellosis; shigella; syphilis; tuberculosis; and Ureaplasma urealyticum & etc.
1. Avoid having sex with menstruating wife, Avoid anal sex, Avoid all unnatural ways of sex like masturbation, lesbianism, sodomy & etc.
2. Recite the Dua of Sunnah while ejaculation, perform wazoo after sex, perform wazoo in between 1st & 2nd intercourse, rest for sometime after intercourse, do not get fully naked, one can eat after sex but after wazoo, bath is compulsory after sex, bath in Sunnah way, fore play is allowed.
3. Be far from rapes, extra marital affair, sex with other spouse because Allah dislikes it very much & punishment of it is very severe.
4. Fulfill your sexual desire with your wife only because she is legal for you & you are legal for her, what Allah wants you to do, be safe your modesty. This lesson has 31 Hadees.