Sciatic is large & thick pair (right & left) of nerve descending from lumber & sacral spine.
Sciatica means pain affecting the back, hip & outer side of the leg, caused by compression of a spinal nerve root in the lower back, often owing to degeneration of an intervertebral disc.
1. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: "The cure for Irqun-Nisa (عرق النساء) (lower back pain) is in fat-tail of Bedouin sheep, its fats should be melted & divided into 3 parts & each part (should) be taken each day on empty stomach.
[Ibn Majah: 3592; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3463]
2. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه says that he prescribed Al-Kabash Arabi for Irqun-Nisa (lower back pain) to 300 people & Allah Ta’ala healed to all.
[Islamic medicine page. 166; book by Yusuf Al-Hajj Ahmad]
Nabi ﷺ mentioned that the treatment of Irqun-Nisa (عرق النساء) (lower back pain), in some cases, is the Fat-tail of sheep, which is in fact right.
Prostaglandin is a large group of natural enzyme which acts as hormones & whole body is related with them. There are lots of functions which they act in the body.
Lipid metabolism has three branches, each is related to the type of fat consumed in a big quantity leading therefore to the formation of three different chemical compounds (prostaglandin 1, 2 & 3) that have opposite effects from each other. These compounds, called the prostaglandins, resemble the hormones & have different effects on pains & inflammations in the body.
Prostaglandins type 1 prevent pain & come from the fatty acid called gamma linoleic acid (GLA) that belongs to the omega 6 fat group found on a limited basis in some wild plant . These products help to convert linoleic acid to gamma linoleic acid & then to prostaglandins type 3.
Prostaglandins type 2 on the other hand, augments the pains. These are formed from omega 6 fat group as well & mainly from linoleic acid found in margarines & cakes, as well as vegetable oils.
Prostaglandins type 3 is known for their calming action on the pains & inflammations. Those are formed from Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA), which is converted to the two compounds EPA & DHA. Alpha Linoleic Acid is found in the oils of natural leaves & herbs & so this is an advantage of the natural vegetal food eaten by humans & animals like the sheep living in a desert (oasis) especially fat-tailed sheeps. Oils that contain alpha linoleic acid are cheap. Those belong to the omega-3 group known for its large benefits & are liquid in room temperature.
1. They reduce cholesterol level, protection from heart diseases & brain strokes, protection from arterial hypertension, rheumatoid, eczema & cancers. Also weight loss, formation of the tissues of the brain, the eye, the ear, the reproductive glands & the other glands tissues, formation of the membranes surrounding all the cells of the body & acting to protect the cells, repairing the nervous tissues as in the case of a herniated disk, one of the principal causes of Sciatica, inflammation of nervous tissues, which is the second main cause of Sciatica.
2. The desert sheep live on natural herbs, rich in the omega 3 fats & from it 700 medicines are prepared. The beneficial oils the sheep obtains from these herbs are stored in its tail.
3. Nabi ﷺ said that the tail should be melted first & so the harmful bacteria & germs are killed by the heat.
4. It should also be taken in three days, not more, to avoid fat oxidation & rancidity.
5. It should be taken on empty stomach, so that no other lipids compete with the lipids of the tail for absorption in the digestive tract at the vesicles & pancreas level, in addition to the cellular level where the enzymes acting at the membrane convert those lipids of the omega 3 group to the beneficial type 3 prostaglandin that reduce the inflammations & the pain caused by Sciatica.