There are many types of Sidr (السدر) trees & Sidr fruits. Jujube fruit was the first fruit, Prophet Adam (as) ate on earth, (when he was sent on earth from paradise).
1. In Hadees & Quran it is called Sidr (السدر)
2. In English it is called as Jujube, lote tree, lotus tree.
3. Botanical name is Ziziphus spinachristi and Ziziphus jujube.
4. In Hindi it is called as Ber.
It is mentioned 4 times in Quran: -
1. Chapter 34 (Sura) Saba, verse no 16.
2. Chapter 56 (Sura) Waaqiah, verse no 27 to 33.
3. Chapter 53 (Sura) Najm, verse no 7 to 12.
4. Chapter 53 (Sura) Najm, verse no 16-17.
It is mentioned as an Earth tree. Also in one reference it is called as Paradise tree.
1. Nabiﷺ saw Sidrat Al-Muntha (sidr/lote) tree of the utmost boundary on mehraaj night; its fruits were like pitchers Hajar (like pots).
[Al-Tibb Al-Nabawi: 803]
2. Hazrat Saleem Bin Aamir رضي الله عنه says that, once a man asked Rasoolullahﷺ, that Allah Ta’lah has spoken about sidr tree (lote tree) in Quran, and this Sidr has thorns which gives pain to people, Rasoolullahﷺ assured him that sidr tree of Jannah will not have thorns & fruit will be in place of thorns, they will have
72 types of colour & taste, & all will be different from each other.
[Tafseer Ibn Kaseer vol. 7; page no. 525]
3. It is mentioned in Fathul Bari that Nabiﷺ guided that, there is no comparison of Sidr (السدر), and there are main 3 benefits (Ausaaf) (اوصاف) of it: -
Its shade is cooling and
(ظل ممدود) is relaxing for the people, Its fruit is delicious (طعام لذيذ), It has sweet smell (واءحة ذكيه).
[Fathul Bari volume no. 7; page no. 313]
4. Nabiﷺ said that Hazrat Adam (a.s) ate this (السدر) fruit the first, on earth amongst other fruits.
[Abu Nu-aim: 805]
5. Hazrat Umme Atiya رضي الله عنها says that one daughter of Rasoolullahﷺ died, & Rasoolullahﷺ told us to give bath to his daughter’s body for odd numbers 3 or 5 or more times if you think necessary, with water boiled with Sidr (lote) leaves & lastly apply Kaafur (الكافور) (camphor) or anything made from it
& when you finish inform me.
[Bukhari: 1263; Book. 23; English vol 2; Book. 23; Hadees. 353]
According to Bulugh Al-Maram: 544; Book no, 3, In English book no.3; Hadees no. 12 that daughter was Hazrat Zainab رضي الله عنها.
6. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه that once a sahabhi dead due to fall from camel, his neck got broken and he died, Nabiﷺ asked to bath his body with water & leaves of sidr (السدر). (This happened at the time of hajjatul wida).
[Bukhari: 1265; Book. 23; English vol. 2; Book. 23; Hadees. 355]
(Water boiled with sidr leaves is to be used).
7. Hazrat Qais Bin Asim رضي الله عنه narrated that he accepted Islam and Nabiﷺ ordered him to perform Ghusl with water and Sidr.
[Tirmizi: 605; Book. 6; English vol. 2; Book. 1, Hadees. 605]
carbohydrates, sugars, fibers, protein, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B7, C,A, protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, selenium, copper, volatile oils, sulphur Etc.
1. It removes dandruff, lice, swelling of eyes. (wash the scalp and hair with its water) means boil Sidr in little water for 10 minutes, than filter it and apply the water or wash the scalp and hair.
2. Good for abscess, furuncles, obesity.
3. It is rich in calcium, protein, iron, magnesium etc.
4. Increases appetite and digestion, reduces cough.
5. It is nourishing and energetic.
6. It has all nutritive values.
1. “It is Mashru` (Islamically prescribed) for anyone who wants to embrace Islam to first say Shahadah then perform Ghusl. This is according to many Hadees.
It was narrated by Qais Ibn Asim that when he wanted to embrace Islam, Prophetصلى الله عليه وسلم ordered him to perform Ghusl using water and Sidr & also to give bath to dead
body with it, because it has Natural cleansing agent like soap (Contains saponins, tannins, anti-bacterial agents and alkaloids).
2. Sidr for washing the dead body: Add one cup of sidr powder to a bucket of water. Make it frothy with your fingers before using.
3. Sidr for hair and body: Add 1 tablespoon of powdered sidr to approximately 1 cup of warm water. Mix it vigorously with your fingers to make it frothy and like soap suds. Wash your hair with it, leave on for a few minutes while washing the rest of your body, then rinse out completely. A day after hair has been washed with sidr it will be shiny and full of volume Insha Allaah!
Bath the dead body with water boiled with Sidr. A’dam (a.s) ate Sidr fruit first on earth among all fruits. Its tree, fruit all are beneficial. In Jannah Sidr will have 72 types of colour & taste & will have no thorns. There 7 Hadees in this lesson.