Diseases are disorder of structure or function in human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific symptoms or that affects a specific location & not due to direct physical injury. It is a pathological condition of a body part, an organ, or a body system resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress & characterized by an identifiable group of signs & symptoms resulting to disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment. Islamic point of view is that we get infected with the Will of Allah Ta’ala alone & get cured by Allah’s Will only, though Allah has ordered to use medicines & also it is Sunnah to use medicine, please read the first three lesson of part -1 of this book to learn about rules & principles of treatment. The medicines act as per Allah’s Will only. Treatment includes uses of herbs, food, medicines, Dua & Ruqyah (spiritual treatment by reciting Quranic verses & Dua’s of Nabi ﷺ).
|Olive Oil White||Costus (Qust Al Bahri)||Dark Costus (Qust Al Hindi)|
1. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said that “Among your medicines, which have khair (خير) (cures) is wet cupping (مجم) (blood- letting) & a drink of Honey (شربة عسل) & cauterization, & said it (cauterization) is disliked by Me.
[Bukhari: 5683; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 587]
2. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Nabi ﷺ said that there is Shifa (شفاء) (healing) in 3 things: -
1. A drink of Honey (شربة عسل),
2. Cut of wet cupping (الحجامة),
3. Cauterization (كيه بناء) (It is burning therapy).
But Nabi ﷺ forbid cauterization (كيه بناء) to ummat (means dislike).
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3620; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3491]
3. Hazrat Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: Amongst the treatment you do, the best is to put medicine (دواء) in nose (السعوط), to put medicine (دواء) in one side of mouth (اللدود), hijamah (الحجامة) (wet cupping) & walking (المشى).
[Tirmizi: 2184; Book. 28; English vol. 4; Book. 2, Hadees. 2047]
(المشى) Walking here is considered as (peristalsis) movement of intestine by Imam Qayyim (ra) & senna is best to improve peristalsis & use as a laxative; please refer lesson no. 25 Senna in part-1. Also there are more Hadees in which it is advised to put medicine in nose.
Peristalsis is the involuntary constriction & relaxation of the muscles of the intestine or another canal, creating wave-like movements which push the contents of the canal forward.
4. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: There is cure for all diseases when Hijamah (الحجامة) (wet cupping) is done on 17th or 19th or 21st” (of Islamic date).
[Abu Dawud: 3861; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3852]
5. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: If there is anything excellent which can be used for treatment; it is Hijamah (الحجامة) (Wet Cupping).
[Ibn Majah: 3605; Book. 31; English vol. 4 Book. 31, Hadees. 3476]
6. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: “Among the treatment you do, if anything has Khair (خير), it is wet cupping (الحجامة).
[Abu Dawud: 3857; Book. 29; English Book. 28; Hadees. 3848]
7. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: The best things which can be used for healing, is Hijamah (الحجامة) (wet cupping) & white costus (Qustul Bahri) (القسط البحرى) & said do not press the back of the throat of your children for Azrah (العزرة) (a throat infection) but use Al-Qust.
[Bukhari: 5696; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 599]
(It is a part of a long Hadees). Please refer lesson no. 24 Qust.
Wet Cupping (blood-letting) is Hijamah, a therapy in which blood is removed by vacuum method & it is Sunnah. (Refer Lesson no. 44 Hijamah).
8. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says eat Zait (زيت) (Olive oil) & massage (with it) in it there is cure for 70 (سبعين) diseases, including Juzaam (الجذام) (leprosy) (kodh).
[Abu Nu-aim/Al Zait: 684]
9. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه said to Qais Ibn Rafi رضي الله عنه that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: “You have Assafa (الثفاء) (cress) present for you; Allah has put healing in it for every diseases from leprosy. Nabi ﷺ sent word to him saying: 'Go back, for I have accepted your pledge."
[Al Tibb Al-Nabawi (Al-Jawzi); page no. 640]
10. Hazrat Abu Hurairah رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: Black Caraway (الحبةالسوداء) (Kalonji) has cure for all diseases except death & Habbat Al Sauda’a are Shuwniz.
[Ibn Majah: 3573; Book. 31; English vol. 4 Book 31, Hadees. 3447]
11. Narrated by Usman Bin Abdul Malik that, he heard Salim Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه narrating from his father, that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: “You make yourself use Black Caraway (الحبةالسوداء) regularly so that there is cure for all diseases in it except death”.
[Ibn Majah: 3574; Book. 31; English vol. 4 Book 31, Hadees. 3448]
12. Hazrat Khalid Ibn Saad رضي الله عنه says that I & Ghalib Ibn Jabar رضي الله عنه were travelling & Ghalib Ibn Jabar رضي الله عنه fell ill, Than we came Madinah, Ibn Abi Ateeq visited him, (because Ghalib Ibn Jabar was ill) Ibn Abi Ateeq was nephew of Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها & advice to use 5 or 7 seeds of Black Caraway (Kalonji) (الحبةالسوداء) crushed & mix in little olive oil (زيت) & put the preparation in both nostrils. Ibn Abi Ateeq says that he heard Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها saying that Rasoolullah ﷺ said that Habbat Sauda’a (الحبةالسوداء) (black Caraway seed) has cure for every diseases except death & Hazrat Galib Ibn Jabar رضي الله عنه got well.
[Ibn Majah: 3575; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book 31, Hadees. 3449]
13. Ibrahim Bin Ablah heard from Abu Bin Umme Haram رضي الله عنها that Rasoolullah ﷺ said that "For you Sanna (senna) (السنا) & Sannoot (السنوت) (Dill or else) is present, these have cure (شفاء) for all diseases except (Saam) death, to this, he asked, to Rasoolullah ﷺ what is Saam (السام)? Rasoolullah ﷺ replied death (الموت).
[Ibn Majah: 3584; Book. 31; English vol. 4; Book. 31, Hadees. 3457]
14. Hazrat Abu Ayyub Ansari رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said Sanna (senna) (السنا) & Sannoot (السنوت) (dill or else) are medicines (دواء) for all diseases.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28270 & Baihaqi: 20065]
15. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: With your Halal (pure)(حلال) earnings, buy Honey (عسل) & use it (Honey) with Rain water, this will help in Shifa (شفاء) for all diseases.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28176]
16. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: Allah has created remedies for all diseases & drink cow milk (اللبن) because cow feeds herself by eating all types of grasses & plants.
[Kanz al-Ummal: 28212]
17. Hazrat Abi Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: Treat your diseases with cow milk (اللبن) because Allah has kept Shifa (cure) in it, because cow feeds herself by all types of grasses & plants.
18. Hazrat Mulaika Bint Amr رضي الله عنها says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: “There is cure in Cow milk, its ghee/butter is beneficial, but its meat is disease.
[Abu Nu-aim: 858]
19. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Masood رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said: “For your benefit, cow milk (اللبن) is present, its Milk (اللبن) & Ghee are best medicine, but its meat has diseases”.
[Abu Nu-aim: 858]
20. Hazrat Tariq Bin Sahab رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: For you (she) camel's milk is very much helpful, she feeds herself with all types of grasses & plants, & there is cure for all diseases (شفاء من كل داء) in it”.
[Jamiul Hadees vol. 14; page. 269]
21. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها reported that when any person amongst us fell ill, Nabi ﷺ used to rub him with His Right Hand & then recited:
Translation: O Lord of the people, grant him health, heal him, for Thou art a Greet Healer. There is no healer, but with Thy healing Power one is healed & illness is removed.
[Muslim: 2191 A; Book. 39; English Book. 26; Hadees. 5432]
22. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها narrated that during the Prophet ﷺ's fatal illness, He ﷺ used to recite the Mu'auwidhat (Sura An-Naas & Sura Al- Falaq) & then blow His Breath over His Body. When His illness was aggravated, I used to recite those two Suras & blow my breath over Him ﷺ & make Him rub His Body with His Own Hand for its blessings." (Mamar asked Al Zuhri: How did Nabi ﷺ use to blow? Al Zuhri said: He ﷺ used to blow on His Hands & then passed them over His Face).
[Bukhari: 5735; Book. 76; English vol. 7; Book. 71; Hadees. 631]
Details given below are according to the Ulama & Islamic Scholars & not from Hadees.
Translation: And if Allah should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him. & if He touches you with good - then He is over all things competent.”
Recite the above verse of Chapter 6 (Surah) Al-Anaam verse no, 17 for 21 times every day after the prayer of Fajar & Asr)
Please refer Lesson no. 40 Milk, Lesson no. 44 Hijamah, Lesson no. 24 Qust, Lesson no. 25 Sanna in part-1 of this Book so that you understand the concept properly.