1. In Hadees it is called as khal (الخل)
2. In Urdu & Hindi it is called as Sirka.
3. In English it is called as Vinegar.
Vinegar is a liquid which consist of mainly Acetic acid, water, volatile substances, and organic matters.
The acetic acid in it is produced by fermentation of ethanol by acetic acid bacteria (yeast). It can be made from juices of grapes, oranges, beetroot, melons, apples, berries, honey, barley, coconut, dates, rice, wheat, sugar cane, tomato, jaamun, kiwifruit, malt, palm & etc. It is of two types natural & synthetic.
1. Hazrat Jabir Ibn Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabiﷺ took me by the hand, to his (respected) house & some bread pieces (خبز) were served, Nabiﷺ asked
“Is there any Gravy "(salan), The answer was “No”, we have little khal (الخل) (vinger) only. Then Nabiﷺ said "khal (الخل) (vinegar) is good gravy"
(نعم الإدام الخل) (salan) & Hazrat Jabir Ibn Abdullah رضي الله عنه says l like khal (الخل) (vinegar) since than”.
[Muslim 2052 B; Book. 36; Eng Book. 23; Hadees. 5094]
2. Narrated Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه that he asked Nabiﷺ 'Can wine be used for vinegar?' Heﷺ said: "No"
[Tirmizi: 1294; Book. 14, Eng vol.1; Book. 12, Hadees. 1294]
3. Hazrat Umme Haani Bint Abi Talib رضي الله عنها (cousin of Nabiﷺ) says that Nabiﷺ come home & asked "Is there anything to eat in our house, she said No,
but we have stale bread (خبز) & Khal (الخل) (vinegar), Nabiﷺ asked for them & said the house which has Khal (الخل) (vinegar) will
never get poor.
[Tirmizi: 1841; Book. 25; Eng vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1841]
4. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها says that Rasoolullahﷺ said Khal (الخل) (vinegar) is the best salan (نعم الإدام الخل) (Gravy).
[Tirmizi: 1840; Book. 25; Eng vol. 3; Book. 23, Hadees. 1840]
5. Umme Saad رضي الله عنها says that Nabiﷺ entered the house & when I was in the house of A’isha رضي الله عنها & asked her for food, “ she replied that “We have Khabuz (خبز) (stale bread), Tamar(تمر) (dates), Khal (الخل) (vinegar)”. To this Rasoolullahﷺ said Khal (الخل) (vinegar) is a best salan (gravy) & prayed “Oh! Allah put barkat in Khal (الخل) (vinegar) so that, it was Salan (gravy) of previous Prophets عليه السلام & the house will not get poor,
which has khal (الخل) (vinegar) in it”.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3443; Book. 29; Eng vol. 4; Book. 29, Hadees. 3318]
1. Acetic acid is the chief acid in vinegar. It contains about 5% acetic acid, also tartaric acid & citric Protons neutron & etc.
1. Vinegar is beneficial in inflammation of stomach. It reduces bile secretion & improves digestion. We can use it as a mouth wash & gargle. Good for tooth ache, strengthens the gums, stimulates appetite.
2. Enhances taste in food. It increases sweating & urine output. It is an antidote for alkaline poisoning. Also it can be applied on ring worm & alopecia. It is helpful in lice & nits problem, ulcers. Wounds can be washed with it, may be applied on forehead in fever.
3. Should be drink with water in cold & cough, Cider vinegar is helpful in cold & cough, It prevents diarrhea, Increases metabolism, cleans the intestines, kills the bacteria & reduces weight.
As soon as we take vinegar, it starts to eliminate fatigue substance from the body; you can notice this in only two hours by confirming by your urine. If you look at your urine two hours after you take vinegar, and you will find it to be clearer. Or, if you are unwilling to look at it closely, examine it with a piece of pH test paper (litmus paper). Before you take vinegar, the pH test paper will show that your urine is acidic, due to fatigue-creating substances in your body. Two hours after you take vinegar, the test paper will show more alkaline. These results mean that the previous fatigue substances were decreased or removed by taking the vinegar.
The liver dissolves the poisonous matters which were made in our body, so we must always keep the liver working well. Meat, fish, eggs, coconut oil, green vegetables and other nourishing foods as well as vinegar act like medicines for the liver. Some Eastern doctors believe that depression is the symptom of a "stagnant" or tired liver. If you believe in this philosophy, then apple cider vinegar would help to fight depression, since it is a great medium to help detoxify and clean the liver. Over the centuries, oxymel (combination of apple cider vinegar and honey) has been widely used to dissolve painful calcium deposits in the body, for arthritis-like pains and for other health problems such as hay fever. Also "Vinegar performs the role of disinfectant for the intestines".
Vinegar is a best source of liquid food, there is Barkat in it and it was the food of previous Prophets(a.s.), the house which has vinegar in it will be poor. This lesson has 5 Hadees.