1. It is called Bathikh (البطيخ) in old Arabic.
2. In new Arabic Mash melon is called as Bathikh.(البطيخ)
3. In new Arabic watermelon is called as Jabjab.
4. In Hadees watermelon is called as Bathikh.(البطيخ)
5. According to scholars, Bathikh(البطيخ) mentioned in Hadees is watermelon.
6. But many scholars consider Bathikh as Mashmelon (Kharbuza).
7. We can consider both.
8. In English it is called as Watermelon.
9. In Hindi & Urdu it is called as Kalinger, Tarbuz.
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in respected Hadees. You can confirm the
Hadees at sunna.com & Al-Maktab al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
You can visit my website at www.tib-e-nabi-for-you.com or bloggers at www.drshakeeltibenabi.com
1. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها narrates that Nabiﷺ used to eat Watermelon (البطيخ) with Dates (الرطب) (fresh ripen dates)
(tazi paki khajur)
[Tirmizi:1843; Book.25; Engvol.3; Book23; Hadees.1843]
2. Hazrat Anas رضي الله عنه narrated that Nabiﷺ ate Musk-melon (الْخِرْبِزِ) & dates (الرُّطَبِ) together.
[Shama'il Muhammadiyah:199; Book no.30; English Book:29; Hadees:190]
3. Hazrat A’isha رضي الله عنها narrated that Nabiﷺ use to eat Watermelon (البطيخ) with Dates (الرطب) & use to say, heat of the one is broken by the coolness of the other, and the coolness of the one by the heat of the other.
[Abu Dawud:3836; Book.28; Eng Book.27; Hadees.3827]
4. Nabiﷺ guided that eating Watermelon (البطيخ) before meal (empty stomach) cleans the stomach & removes diseases.
[Faizul Qadeer: 10014]
Water, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B2, sulfur, phosphate, sugar, iron, copper, sodium, potassium, calcium, manganese, protein, chlorine & etc.
1. The green colored is best, (means outer green).
2. It reduces swelling and ascities (water collection in abdomen)
3. Reduces constipation, cleans the stomach,
4. Helpful in kidney stones & increases urine output
5. If rubbed on face or wrinkles, it is best and it reduces ageing because it is rich in water, vitamin C, vitamin A
6. Best in typhoid, joint diseases, rheumatic diseases, skin, removes free radicals.
7. Helps reducing chances of cancer
8. It is an antioxidant (removes waste and free radicals out from the body).
9. Good for pregnancy & best in motions and dehydration.
10. It has vitamin B3, minerals, sodium, potassium, sugar, lycopene, fibers, has little protein.
Please note: -The word Rehaan (Rayhan) means sweet smelling plant, in India it is Tulsi. In different regions Rehaan (Rayhan) are of different types & all parts of it can be used means stem; leaves, fruit, buds, roots etc. Eat it raw or drink juice of it.
Please refer Lesson no. 23 Rehaan (Rayhan).
Melons are one of the best recommendations for health Nabiﷺ has given us. Melons are one of the fruits rich in both vitamin C and Beta-Carotene. In addition,
half a melon contains 825 milligrams of potassium (24% of the USRDA). The body uses potassium to help eliminate excess sodium, which in large amounts can
cause blood pressure to rise. In fact, in an international study of more than 10,000 people, researchers found that those with the highest potassium levels
had the lowest blood pressures. In addition, potassium helps keep the body's LDL (dangerous cholesterol) from sticking to the arterial walls.
Melons also provide a very rare nutrient called folate, B complex, which is essential in combating birth defects and heart disease. "Prevention's New Foods for Healing guide" mentions a study of almost 4,000 mothers that revealed that those who got enough folate were 60% less likely to have children with brain and spinal cord defects. Additionally, men can benefit from folate too. It controls the levels of a chemical called "homocysteine" in the body, which when allowed existing in excess can contribute to artery clotting and thus heart disease.
Match the nutrition of both & judge bothare opposite to each other & both in combination make a perfect nutrition. This is miracle of Sunnah of Prophet ﷺ eating both together.
|Nutritional value of dates. 100 grams of dates has 282 calories.||Nutritional value of watermelon. 100 grams of dates has 30 calories only|
|Water content in dry dates||10% to 20%.||Water content is dry dates||92%|
|Total Fat 0.4 g||0%||Total Fat 0.2 g||0%|
|Saturated fat 0 g||0%||Saturated fat 0 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0 g||Polyunsaturated fat - 0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0 g||Monounsaturated fat - 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%||Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 2 mg||0%||Sodium 1 mg||0%|
|Potassium 656 mg||18%||Potassium 112 mg||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 75 g||25%||Total Carbohydrate 8 g||25%|
|Dietary fiber 8 g||32%||Dietary fiber 0.4 g||32%|
|Sugar - 63 g||Sugar - 6 g|
|Protein 2.4 g||4%||Protein 0.6 g||4%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin A||11%|
|Vitamin C||%||Vitamin C||13%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin D||0%|
|Vitamin B6||10%||Vitamin B6||0%|
1. Eat Dates with Watermelon together or eat Musk melon with Dates. Coolness of Melon beats the heat of dates. Eat it on empty stomach.