|Zamzam Well with Kaba||Zamzam Well||Zamzam Water|
It is called as Ma’ae Zamzam (ماء زمزم )(Zamzam water) in Hadees
Zamzam is a name of a well in Masjid e Haram suitated in holy city of Makkah. It is in Saudi Arabia This Masjid is the holy place where Muslims go for Hajj & Umrah (Holy visit) & this well is in the Masjid. This is very old well about 2000 B.C. old (Means during Prophet Ebrahim a.s) since then, this well provides a special type of water.
Most of the wells provide water for 100 or 200 years only. This well is amongst the oldest well on earth. It provides water which has no colour, no swell, no bacteria, and has a specific taste & health benefits. It never got dried up since 2000 B.C., though millions liters of water is drawn out daily. This well is 9 feet deep & 3×7×8×9 feets in diameter. This water is free of cost.
1. Narrated that Muhammad Bin Abdur-Rahman Bin Abu Bakr said: “I was sitting with Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Rasoolullah ﷺ said: The difference between we (the true believers) & munafiqeens (المنافقين) (imposters, those who pretend to be true believers) is that they (munafiqeens) do not drink Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) in plenty (It is a part of long Hadees).
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3177; Book. 25; Eng vol. 4; Book. 25; Hadees. 3061]
2. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنهما says that Nabi ﷺ said, Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) is drank for whatever reason or intention, it is beneficial. If it is drunk for cure, Allah will give cure. If it is drunk for thirst, Allah will relief the thirst. If it is drunk for hunger, Allah will relief the hunger. And further said, this well is of Hazrat Gibrail عليه السلام (angel of Allah Ta’ala) & from Allah Ta’ala, it is for Prophet Hazrat Ismail عليه السلام for drinking purpose.
[Daar Al-quthni: 2739]
Hazrat Hazrat Ismail (عليه السلام) (اسماعيل) is son of Prophet Hazrat Ebrahim (عليه السلام).
Hadees 2 is also mentioned in Musradrikul Haakim with addition that if Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) is drank to seek Allah Ta’ala's shelter, than Allah Ta’ala will give shelter.
[Mustadrak Al Hakim: 1739]
3. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi ﷺ said, that for whatever reason & cause, Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) is drunk (Allah will) fulfill it.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3178; Book. 25; Eng vol. 4; Book. 25, Hadees. 3062]
4. Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما narrated that Nabiﷺ has drank Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) in standing position.
[Tirmizi: 1882; Book. 26, Hadees. 22; Eng vol. 3 Book. 24, Hadees. 1882]
5. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that he drew ZamZam water for Nabiﷺ & Heﷺ drank it in standing position.
[Ibn Ma-jah: 3548; Book. 30; Eng vol. 4 Book. 30, Hadees. 3422]
6. Many times Nabiﷺ himself draw out Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) from Zamzam well & drank it in standing position.
[Fatwa Alamgiri & Tabkaat Ibn Sa'ad]
7. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Umar رضي الله عنه says that, During Soolah Hudaibiya (settlement of Hudaibiya) Rasoolullahﷺ said to a Quresh
(قريش) to bring Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) he brought it & Rasoolullahﷺ took Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) to Madinah (المدينه).
[Jamiul Usool vol. 3; page. 437]
8. Nabiﷺ send a letter to Hazrat Suhail Bin Umar رضي الله عنه (the letter said as follows) as my letter reaches you sent Zamzam water
(ماء زمزم) at earliest. (If you get my letter) in evening don't wait for morning if you get my letter in morning doesn’t wait till evening (sent Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) at earliest). (This letter was sent after Fateh Makkah).
[Musannaf Abdur Razzaq vol. 5; page. 119]
9. Hisham Bin Urwah رضي الله عنه narrated from his father that it was habit of Hazrat A'isha رضي الله عنها that, she use to take Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) along with her (while travelling) & she says that Rasoolullahﷺ also use to do the same.
[Tirmizi: 963; Book. 9, Eng vol. 2; Book. 4, Hadees. 963]
10. Narrated Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنه that Nabiﷺ also liked & appreciated those who use to draw Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) from Zamzam well
& said them to keep it up. (It is a long Hadees).
[Bukhari: 1635; Book. 25; Eng vol. 2; Book. 26; Hadees. 700]
11. Hazrat Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنه says that Rasoolullahﷺ said that in our region Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) is the best water.
12. Nabiﷺ use to recite the following Dua
Translation: Oh! Allah, I seek beneficial knowledge, wide sustenance & cure from all ailment (diseases) from You.
After drink Zamzam in standing position.
[Musannaf Abdur Razzaq vol no. 5; page. 113]
Also Hazart Abdullah Bin Abbas رضي الله عنه use to recite this Dua before drinking ZamZam
[Al-Hisnul Hasin (English by Muhammed Rafiq)]
13. Narrated by Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما that Nabi ﷺ said: "May Allah be merciful to the mother of Ismail! If she had left the water of Zamzam (fountain) as it was, (without constructing a basin for keeping the water), (or said, "If she had not taken handfuls of its water"), it would have been a flowing stream. Jurhum (an Arab tribe) came and asked her, 'May we settle at your dwelling?' She said, 'Yes, but you have no right to possess the water.' They agreed".
[Bukhari: 2368; Book. 42; Eng vol. 3; Book. 40; Hadees. 556]
14. Narrated Abu Jamra Ad-Dabi رضي الله عنه I used to sit with Ibn Abbas رضي الله عنهما in Makkah, once I had a fever and he said (to me), "Cool your fever with Zamzam water, Nabi ﷺ said: “It, (the Fever) is from the heat of the (Hell) Fire; so, cool it with water (or Zamzam water).
[Bukhari: 3261; Book. 59; Eng vol. 4; Book. 54; Hadees. 483]
15. Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه narrated from Malik Bin Sa’sa’ah رضي الله عنه a man among his people that Nabi ﷺ said: “While I was in the house, between sleeping and being awake, I heard someone saying: “The one in the middle of the three.’ I was brought a vessel of gold containing Zamzam water, so my chest was split, to here”. Qatadah said: “I said to Anas: “What does that mean? He said: ‘To the lowest part of his stomach”. He said: “So my heart was removed, and washed with Zamzam water, then returned to its placed. Then I was filled with Faith and wisdom.”There is a long story with this Hadees.
[Tirmizi: 3669; Book. 47, English vol. 5; Book. 44, Hadees. 3346]
16. Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه reported that Jibrail came to Nabi ﷺ while he was playing with his playmates. He took hold of him and laid him prostrate on the ground and tore open his breast and took out the heart from it and then extracted a blood-clot out of it and said, this is the part of Satan in thee. And then he washed it with the water of Zamzam in a golden basin and then it was joined together and restored to its place. The boys came running to his mother, i. e. his nurse, and said: Verily Muhammad has been murdered. They all rushed toward him (and found him all right) His color was changed, Anas said. I myself saw the marks of needle on his breast.
[Muslim 162 C; Book. 1; Eng Book. 1; Hadees. 311]
17. Nabi ﷺ said that Hazrat Abu Zar Gefari رضي الله عنه spend 40 days & 40 nights in ka'bah sharif (Masjid e haram in Makkah) between Ka'bah & its covering (parda). Hazrat Abu Zar Gefari رضي الله عنه had no eatables & he drank Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) only & Nabi ﷺ further said that Zamzam water (ماء زمزم ) is equivalent to meals.
[Abu Nu-aim: vol. 1; page: 289]
1. It has no colour, no swell & has a very different taste.
2. Its pH is 7.9 to 8 (it is alkaline).
3. It has sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, chloride, Fluoride, sulfate, nitrates, bicarbonate etc.
1. There are lots of benefits of Zamzam water (ماء زمزم).
2. Zamzam water (ماء زمزم) is being tested many times & no bacteria, no organisms were found.
3. It is clean & pure.
4. It has miraculous healings in it.
5. It has nutrition in it.
6. It has been found very effective in ulcerative keratitis when put in eyes.
7. Beneficial in kidney stones.
8. Beneficial in cancers.
9. And much more.
All above are based on clinical researches.
It has been scientifically proven that water is affected by what is recited over it. Japanese researcher Masaru Emoto has had a unique experience. He said that he had read in a book that each snowflake falling from the sky is unique. He said that his scientific instincts told him that this was not true. The geometric shape of the snowflake is determined by its chemical composition. The composition of water is well known - two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. So how come snowflakes that fall from the sky are different from one another? He said: "I was determined to prove that this theory was false." He built a laboratory, consisting of a deep freezer with a regulator, because no liquid, subjected to sudden freezing, can assume a geometric shape. The freezing must be slow, so the atoms have the chance to crystallize into the shape decreed by Allah. There was a deep freezer with a regulator, a cold room at the temperature of -7°C, and several microscopes equipped with cameras, so he could photograph the snowflake before it melted. The scientists working in this room wore warm clothing. He said: "I took samples from two faucets in the laboratory, I froze them, and each sample gave me a different snowflake. The samples came from two different wells, two different rivers, from two different lakes. I almost went crazy and thought this was witchcraft." A Saudi student at the University of Tokyo happened to meet him, and asked him what was wrong. Masaru told him his problem. The student said to him: "We have blessed water, called Zamzam. I will give you a sample of this water so you can experiment on it. Zamzam water is not affected by witchcraft or Jinns, so using it can prove or disprove the whole theory." Emoto took a sample of Zamzam water, and said: "I couldn't crystallize it, even by diluting the water by 1,000." In other words, he turned one cubic centimeter into one liter.
He said that when he diluted the water by 1,000 and froze it, he got a uniquely-shaped crystal. Two crystals were formed, one on top of the other, but they assumed a unique form. When he asked his Muslim colleague why there were two crystals, he told him it was because "Zamzam" is composed of two words: "Zam" and "Zam."
Masaru Emoto said: "My Muslim colleague offered to recite Quranic verses over the water. He brought a tape-recorder and played some Quranic verses, and we got the most perfectly-shaped crystals. Then he played the 99 names of Allah Ta’ala. Each name produced a uniquely-shaped crystal. Then he began cursing the water. We said: Water, you are impure. You are not suited for consumption. The water, in this case, did not freeze, or produced an extremely ugly crystal." When they uttered bad words like "war" or "fighting," the water did not freeze, or else produced an ugly shape. When the man completed these experiments, which lasted 15 years, he published a five-volume book called Messages from Water. He wrote: "I have proven that water, that peculiar liquid, is capable of thinking, fathoming, feeling, getting excited, and expressing itself."
He also found out that if someone recites the Quran on regular water, it gets the ability for the treatment of different diseases.
Following was written by a Japanese Scientist Masaru Emoto:
The quality / purity of Zamzam water will not be found anywhere else in the water on this earth. He used the technology named NANO, and researched a lot on Zamzam water. And found out that if one drop of Zamzam water mix in 1000 drops of regular water, regular water will get the same quality like Zamzam water. He also found that a mineral in one drop of Zamzam water has its own importance that will not be find any other water on earth.
He also found in some tests that the quality or ingredients of Zamzam water cannot be changed, why science does not know the reason.
Even he re-cycled the Zamzam water, but no changes took place, & it was still pure.
This scientist Masaru Emoto & his team also found out that, the Muslims recites بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم before eating/drinking. He says that after saying BISMILLAH on regular water, there are some strange changes happened in the quality of regular water. That make it best water.
Masaru Emoto is a Japanese author known for his claim that if human speech or thoughts are directed at water droplets before they are frozen, images of the resulting water crystals will be beautiful or ugly depending upon whether the words or thoughts were positive or negative. Emoto claims this can be achieved through prayer, music or by attaching written words to a container of water.
Research by Tariq Husain, Riyadh, By MOINUDDIN AHMED, conclusions is: -
Never Dried Up: This well has never dried up. On the contrary it has always fulfilled the demand for water.
Same Salt composition: It has always maintained the same salt composition and taste ever since it came into existence.
Portability: Its portability has always been universally recognized as pilgrims from all over the world visit Ka’aba every year for Hajj and Umrah, but has never complained about it. Instead, they have always enjoyed the water that refreshes them.
Universal taste: Water tastes different at different places. Zamzam water's appeal has always been universal.
No Biological Growth: This water has never been chemically treated or chlorinated as is the case with water pumped into the cities. Biological growth and vegetation usually takes place in most wells. This makes the water unpalatable owing to the growth of algae causing taste and odour problems. But in the case of the Zamzam water well, there wasn't any sign of biological growth.
Drink Zamzam in plenty, By drinking it with an intention of any desire, Allah will fulfill it, Drink it in standing position, carry it while traveling, also take it to your native places, it is the best water, recite the Dua after drinking it, Drink & pour it on the body during fever, Nabiﷺ ’s heart was washed with zamzam water. This lesson has 17 Hadees.